Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: air or liquid cooled IC, thoughts please...  (Read 1478 times)

December 29, 2008, 03:57:36 pm

Dirtrag2

• Veteran

air or liquid cooled IC, thoughts please...
« on: December 29, 2008, 03:57:36 pm »
I'll be looking for an IC for my diesel Fox projekt and was wondering if i'd be best off with an air cooled FMIC or with a liquid cooled IC. My thoughts are that a liquid cooled IC could be routed to rad for street use and also to a seperate ice water container for the drag strip. any ideas??

...Darcy
'97 Jetta 1.9TD ( dirtrag2 )
'88 Fox Wagon ( projekt Dirtrag 3 )

Reply #1December 29, 2008, 04:36:01 pm

zukgod1

• Veteran

Re: air or liquid cooled IC, thoughts please...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 04:36:01 pm »
Quote from: "Dirtrag2"
I'll be looking for an IC for my diesel Fox projekt and was wondering if i'd be best off with an air cooled FMIC or with a liquid cooled IC. My thoughts are that a liquid cooled IC could be routed to rad for street use and also to a seperate ice water container for the drag strip. any ideas??

To the radiator?

I think I would just do an air to air and be done with it.

If your set on a air to water then do a separate system. The water in the rad can exceed 180 deg. Your already starting with hot air at that point.
dan

99 Golf TDI (now CNG powered) , 82 TD Caddy

Reply #2December 29, 2008, 11:37:04 pm

Dirtrag2

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 11:37:04 pm »
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of high temp from rad  :oops:  running a complete system may be tedious but from all the info i've gathered the benefits seem to outweigh the grief. has anyone here ever run such a system?
...Darcy
'97 Jetta 1.9TD ( dirtrag2 )
'88 Fox Wagon ( projekt Dirtrag 3 )

Reply #3December 30, 2008, 01:54:00 am

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:54:00 am »
I'm doing air to air with the possibity of a water sprayer via second windshield washer fluid container/pump and sprayer :P with a switch/relay set up in the dash. Need to pass a ricer who's pissing you off, flick on the water sprayer, the water meth injection, the nos, the propane and off you go. Am i the only on who has realized why there are so many empty switch spots on the dash of mk2s?
Complete swap sort of deal.

I'm not too keen on keeping compressed gas on board to release compressed gas to get that nice frosty effect on the IC.
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Fixmyvw.com