Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: 89 n/a not getting fuel  (Read 4466 times)

July 16, 2005, 09:26:03 am

fillmore

• Junior

• http://fillmorenorthband.tripod.com
89 n/a not getting fuel
« on: July 16, 2005, 09:26:03 am »
for the past 3 months my golf has been having problems starting due electrical mess but i fianaly got to the root of the problem yesterday and fixed that but than last night i went to start it and it just rolled over, and over but wouldnt pick up. so i heated the glow plugs up longer and tried again and it rolled over and over again but this time i didnt let up and she  fianally fired but wanted to stall right away so i put the pedal to the floor and after a second or two the diesel started flowing and it ran fine. ive also been noticing that when i start tyhe car up, the moment that it fires it feels like theres a delay and then the fuel starts pumping but even in 35 degrees (c) weather i have to pull the cold start advance way out or it runs like ***, vibarates really bad almost as if the idle was set to low (but it isnt) and also even after driving and the engine being warmed up when i put the clutch in and idle at a stop light alot of times ill have to pull the advance out again so that the motor doesnt viberate out of its mounts :roll:
is this a sign that my pump is on its way out? or could it be something else?
the help is appreciated
thanks,
myles