S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Winter time again, time to upgrade  (Read 1757 times)

November 27, 2008, 01:17:54 pm

1slowvw

Winter time again, time to upgrade
« on: November 27, 2008, 01:17:54 pm »
Hello fellow diesel fanatics, as some of you know winter is here at least for those of us in the more northern climat, which means its time to tear my diesel down and start over again. This summer I ran a AZZ with a K-24 turbo at 20psi, boost pin, 2.5" down pipe, and a FMIC.
It ran alright most of the summer other then eating a clutches, this winter however I want to up the anti a little bit and plan on making a log manifold to get the boost in more efficiently, perhaps going with a little meth injection set up, some head work, and getting a 6 puck clutch in there to hold the power.
I don't really see any of this being a huge obsticle for me as I'm reasonably fermiliar with diesels at this point but I was hoping someone on here might have some pics of ported AZZ heads. I don't really plan on doing anything on the intake side, and really just want to clean up the exhaust. I plan on having a good friend of mine who is very experienced when it comes to head work teach me how to do this, but It would really be nice if I could see some pics of what other people have done, because It seems there aren't a lot of people out there doing diesel heads.
Thanks
1SlowVW

Reply #1December 03, 2008, 10:16:19 pm

handedyourhat

• User+

intake
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:16:19 pm »
Hello, any idea on how you are going to make your intake ? I too want to make an intake like the "Passenger Performance " one. I even talked to the owner of the company, he said they dont make those intakes anymore... I sure would like to know what the inside of it looks like ...he would only say that it was a dual plenem....

Dan
Most of the time I get sooo far ahead of myself that I have to stop and let myself catch up......

87 jetta 1.6L TD project
87 jetta 1.6L TD Daily  (new 1.6, Giles,3", inner cooled. Home made fuel...
95 jetta 1.9L TD project
94 golf TD new edition to my family (LOL)

Reply #2December 03, 2008, 11:00:01 pm

1slowvw

Winter time again, time to upgrade
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 11:00:01 pm »
I havn't seen pics of the inside of the PP log manifold, I don't think anyone in my province bought one to be honest. I plan on working off the bottom part like PP did, but running open space up to the log. I not sure what gains are to be made by doing a dual plenem design, but heck I figure anything would be better then the stock intake manifold.

1SlowVW