S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: FS: 86 Audi 5000 CS Quattro Wagon  (Read 3433 times)

July 09, 2005, 09:22:55 am

ejust

• Junior

FS: 86 Audi 5000 CS Quattro Wagon
« on: July 09, 2005, 09:22:55 am »
AS LISTED ON EBAY:   http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6783&item=7985909139&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

GOOD PROJECT CAR TO ADD A TurboDiesel 5CYL ENGINE TO!!!!!!!

Up for sale for parts or as a whole car is an 1986 Audi 5000CS Quattro. It needs a fair amount of work but it does runs.  Some of the things wrong are:

Gas tank leaks, windshield has one crack but on the lower part of it not too noticable actually (from deer accident 2 years ago), needs driver side window (some a**hole smashed it in on a Saturday night when it was parked behind my garage), needs exhaust (muffler and back), sun roof inop, theres no power steering or brakes. The car doesn't have back brakes right now but i do have calipers for the back that will go with the car. No a/c as that never worked so i yanked it out to save space and weight (makes life easier working in engine compartment). Hoodliner is falling and seats are split at seams. Windshield wiper circuit keeps blowing fuses.

The hood, lights, grill, and bumper were replaced off another Audi after the deer accident (parts are gray instead of red like the rest of the car but it all works and is fine. Damage was strictly cosmetic) Clutch, tranny, and quattro systems works great (love the Audi drivetrains) but i think the center support bearing will need replacing eventually (clutch, throwout bearing and pilot bearings have 50k miles and new clutch master cylinder less than 5k ago). Engine is a "KZ" 5 cylinder (2.2L) with CIS-E. It does burn some oil and the injector seals need replacing.The engine has over 180k. Probably about due for a rebuild in my opinion. Drop in a turbo diesel and would be the ultimate car in my opinion.

Car has potential and is fun in snow. Just needs to be fixed up and rebuilt. I dont want to get rid of it after 8 years but its time and my bills say otherwise. If i was making more than i am now i wouldnt be selling this car, but i can hardly afford to pay my bills. I own one other Audi (its only an auto) and a diesel VW which i cant really afford to maintain anymore. The landlord doesn't like 3 vehicles here either. The car does have sentimental value to me and I dont know if its really worth fixing up or not. Just make an offer. Can deliver car ONLY IF a shipping price is agreed upon........ BUT PICKUP IS PREFFERED!!

V-dubs r cool n Audi's rule,
German cars make me drool!
'86 Jetta TD (Hoop-D)
'86 Audi 5000S