Author Topic: Several mTDI related important questions  (Read 3005 times)

September 18, 2008, 02:29:12 pm

ThomZe

• Junior

Several mTDI related important questions
« on: September 18, 2008, 02:29:12 pm »
I have a stuck injector in the head, I simply cannot get it out, even with a device to "pull it out".. Anyone has some, ehm, ideas or experience, that could solve my problem? I would really like to change my injectorheads .. they are a bit old now.

Another question is, about the mTDI pump, I now have a 1.9TD AAZ pump with 10mm rotor\disc\plate.. I've read and written about it before, but now something has to be done about it, is it HARD to give it more throttle, should I simply take it to bosch and pay €€€€ .. and I mean€€€€€€€€€€.. Or could I do something myself? Just a little bit perhaps?

The third and final question, about turbo.
I have a T2/25 turbo on now, think it's standard on TDi's? Is there any other turbo that would make a directly fit, better than the stock, or should I wait and get someone else, perhaps just use standard turbo and redo the exhaustsystem to 2" freeflow?

BMW E36 320i Automatic

Reply #1September 18, 2008, 08:25:00 pm

Slave2School

• Veteran

Several mTDI related important questions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »
I'll only be of help on the stuck injector...

Was the device a slide hammer?  If yes, then slam harder, if not, get one :)

If the slide hammer fails you can start the car up with the injector holder a bit loose and it should blow it out (may want some rags placed around the hole and to disable the fuel solenoid).
Waiting for a bigger better diesel to come along.
2002 ford focme wagon