S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: feeler- whats my car worth (update w/pics)  (Read 3798 times)

May 30, 2005, 04:40:59 pm

fillmore

• Junior

• http://fillmorenorthband.tripod.com
feeler- whats my car worth (update w/pics)
« on: May 30, 2005, 04:40:59 pm »
hey guys ive got an 89 N/A diesel golf that i may have to sell this summer for school related reasons. im just wondering what i can get for it.
Its a 2 door 89 golf 310kms. complete engine overhaul 4thousand kms ago including new rings, gaskets, seals etc.. i have 2 sets of brand new tires on two sets of rims, brand new interior out of a 92. pioneer deck and kenwood/clarion spekers all around. new brakes all around, New clutch and tranny 6 months ago, very solid working car, very little surface rust.

The BAd- paint is pretty ***ty (faded and on the sides it looks like it dripped alittle around the rear window), rust starting on the front of the hood above the grill, cracked windsheild

Let me know what you think.

Reply #1May 31, 2005, 02:07:36 am

srivett

• Veteran

feeler- whats my car worth (update w/pics)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 02:07:36 am »
Value varies by location, what I'm typing applies to Ontario.  www.autotrader.ca usually has a whack of VW diesels in it so the average price in there will dictate what you can get for your car.  

About 2 grand if you can fix the windshield and find somebody who knows what he wants.  You'd probably get 1 to 1.5 grand if you had to sell it quick.  Seeing as the car is worth more than that to you it would be worth your while to find another source of income.

Good luck, Steve
1992 1.6D Golf - 412K km
Mint except for chipped paint, no rust :)