S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Cross posting between forums  (Read 3085 times)

May 18, 2005, 02:22:27 am

srivett

• Veteran

Cross posting between forums
« on: May 18, 2005, 02:22:27 am »
I know we all want to get fast responses if we have problems but I find it rather annoying when people post the same answer on two or more boards at the same time.  What happens is that we end up with knowledgable respsonses scattered in two places or with one thread that does not get a response.  My prefered method is to give one group a chance and if nobody says anything try another site.  But maybe I'm just grumpy...   I really have to scratch my head when the same person cross posts under different names.   :roll:

Cheers, Steve

1992 1.6D Golf - 412K km
Mint except for chipped paint, no rust :)

Reply #1May 19, 2005, 11:18:08 am

MacGyver

• Junior

Cross posting between forums
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 11:18:08 am »
I did that once, not too long ago.
Looking for a TDI head for my dad ASAP.
Timetable was tight, so I was hoping to find someone somewhere that could help.
As it turned out I was right.
I got a response, and ultimately a head, through TDI Club.
Not everyone qualified to help with a problem is on every forum. I wouldn't expect anyone to waste the time answering me more than once, and I checked every thread for input.

I didn't bump my thread here or on Vortex once I had a response elsewhere. They were allowed to die a natural death, faster on Vortex that here of course.
I hoped my 'problem' was important or unique enough to warrant looking everywhere I could for help.
For something a little less dire like 'what wax should I use' or 'my tires keep going around while I drive', I agree, whoring the entire internet might not be necessary :shock:

Fixmyvw.com