Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Oil pump VS oil pump  (Read 3956 times)

April 29, 2005, 06:04:12 pm

Rat407

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

Oil pump VS oil pump
« on: April 29, 2005, 06:04:12 pm »
Ok what is the deal with the oil pump for these diesels?  I have a 1.6 TD engine code 1V. Every place I call they tell me that they don't have an oil pump for it or if they do it is the $167+ one.  So where can I get the correct oil pump, the large one with 36mm gears or is that the expensive one that I am finding online?  Since I have oil pressure problems since I rebuilt this engine and not sure if the correct pump is in it, I was going to change it out one more time but with the correct pump.  Anybody have a clue on this?
Thanks

AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants & Filtration Systems, Click Here
Wholesale pricing available!
1991 Jetta  ECO TD

Reply #1April 30, 2005, 01:48:43 pm

racer_x

• Junior

Oil pump VS oil pump
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 01:48:43 pm »
You need to find someone with ETKA and look up the VW part number. I found part # 068 115 105AN for $99.95 at Bus Depot, but the application info is either incomplete (entirely possible), or that's not the right pump for your engine.

I seem to remember that the late A2's had a different vacuum pump and the oil pump might be a little different for that application due to the different vacuum pump. I'm pretty sure that's why it's hard to find the right oil pump for yours. I think you could go with the older pump if you went to the older style vacuum pump, but that would be a last resort. The newer vacuum pump is much more reliable.

Oh, and yours should have the 30mm gears in the oil pump. Unless you've done something really different with the rebuild, that's what you want to use. The ABA pump with 36mm gears will deliver more volume if you need it, like if you put larger oil squirters in the block, or if you built it to the extreme loose end of the tolerances for racing use or something like that. But with everything basically stock, the larger pump will just build a little more pressure more quickly, spill more oil through the relief valve, and take more engine hp to turn the oil pump. None of that is particularly beneficial for you.

S-PAutomotive.com