Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Vw takes crotch rocket  (Read 3129 times)

February 20, 2008, 11:38:54 pm

subsonic

• Veteran

Vw takes crotch rocket
« on: February 20, 2008, 11:38:54 pm »
Found this online.

This is some funny ***.  Not to many guys would fess up to this.
This is the best line from the piece:
"I think I made some pathetic attempt to raise my hand slightly to give him the thumbs up but I don’t think I made any noticeable gesture. I probably just looked like a retard…whatever. "  :lol:  :lol:

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/kill-stories/9101-bug-vs-bike-fastest-vw-bug-i-have-ever-seen.html

2009 Jetta TDI Loyal edition, 6-spd. 16V 2.0CR

1985 VW Golf 5-spd, 4-door, 1.6NA  Bought from orig. owner in Savannah with 42,000 miles.
"Making the jump NA to TD" slow but sure.

1980 VW Rabbit LS 5-spd, 4-door 1.6NA almost 450,000miles  RIP

Reply #1February 21, 2008, 10:22:04 am

lord_verminaard

• Veteran

Vw takes crotch rocket
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:22:04 am »
Nice.  :)  I showed that one popular Youtube vid of that black bug just prosecuting a Mustang to a friend of mine and his jaw dropped for like 5 days.  :D  Just recently after that, we went to a NOPI event and there was a bug running 9 seconds there, with turbo aircooled engine.  :)  There was another one that had a turbo Ford 2.3 swapped in it (???) and was only running 12's.  

I had a run against a Honda cruiser bike with my Rocco.  I was going down a 45mph road, and it came flying up a side road and I thought it was not going to stop in time.  Came out right after me, so I downshifted quietly to 4th and waited to see what would happen.  Sure enough, he pegs it to try and pass me, I drop into 3rd, and floor it, he gets along side of me, then starts going backwards.  :)  By the time I hit 5th he was a few lengths behind me.  I bet he thought about that one a few times that night.  :D

Brendan
81 Scirocco 'S -->Soon to be m-TDI
93 Corrado SLC VR6
'86 Golf N/A Diesel  -->Wife's car
1990 Audi CQ
05 New Beetle PD TDI

"I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess....."

-Red Green

S-PAutomotive.com