S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Trying to find Mk2Fanatic  (Read 17655 times)

Reply #75January 21, 2008, 02:37:21 pm

fuslit

• Junior

Trying to find Mk2Fanatic
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2008, 02:37:21 pm »
As I've mentioned to you Joe, I think you have been very level headed about the whole situation.

I think that if you have been burnt once by similar 'cry because you caught me' comments there is no reason to suddenly trust him now. I honestly think that a visit from the authorities would helpful to his "maturing" process so to speak and who knows might spur the repayment along. That way if it goes south you may have a better chance of following up with them as it'll already be on the books? I've read the threads and it sounds like he's done it before to other people which is a bummer.

Overall, it sounds like you've built up a pretty decent amount of evidence to show, hopefully it'll be helpful if and when you decide to contact the police or not.

I'll be watching to see how things pan out.
-Todd
'81 rabbit 4dr 1.6TD [project]
'98 jetta tdi [daily]

Reply #76January 21, 2008, 02:44:38 pm

jimfoo

• Veteran

• http://www.66rover.com
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2008, 02:44:38 pm »
Yeah, the postage argument is lame to say the least. I sold a rad to a guy, but forgot to account for the packaging costs in the sale. Of course I still made money, just not as much after the cost of the box and peanuts. But it was my fault so I absorbed it. Then again I'd rather see an old Rover part go for free than get thrown away as long as it's still good as some are hard to come by.
Jim
1966 Land-Rover 88" with 1.9 1Z which has been transformed to an M-TDI
TFO35 mechanically controlled VNT, IC , and 2.5" exhaust.
Driven daily

Reply #77January 21, 2008, 05:28:02 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2008, 05:28:02 pm »
Another thread where he had issues...going back more than a year. I've found a few of these today but neglected to post. Someone sent this to me though...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2963840

Joe
1979 Rabbit mTDI crazy $*(\%& bunny...
1972 VW Westfalia
2009 VW Tiguan SE 2.0T (Wife's car)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster (something newer :) )

Reply #78January 21, 2008, 09:36:45 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2008, 09:36:45 pm »
Slyvester did indeed call me tonight and we have a couple routes of resolution that we are pursuing. I also found out that today my paypal claim was approved in my favor and that a chargeback is being issued (if funds are there). It will take me 5 days to find out for sure. There is a third party (from Illicit) as well being brought in which shows community nature of VW peoples and it is someone I think I can trust. Its nice...either way, hopefully a positive end result with or without the results.  

I'll keep you updated.

Joe
1972 VW Westfalia

Reply #79January 22, 2008, 11:13:23 am

lord_verminaard

• Veteran

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2008, 11:13:23 am »
So was the guy sick and in the hospital or something?  That's about the only excuse I could somewhat believe.  At least you have contact now.

Glad things are looking up.

Brendan
81 Scirocco 'S -->Soon to be m-TDI
93 Corrado SLC VR6
'86 Golf N/A Diesel  -->Wife's car
1990 Audi CQ
05 New Beetle PD TDI

"I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess....."

-Red Green

Reply #80January 22, 2008, 12:00:44 pm

95gltd

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2008, 12:00:44 pm »
Quote from: "RabbitGTDguy"
Slyvester did indeed call me tonight and we have a couple routes of resolution that we are pursuing. I also found out that today my paypal claim was approved in my favor and that a chargeback is being issued (if funds are there). It will take me 5 days to find out for sure. There is a third party (from Illicit) as well being brought in which shows community nature of VW peoples and it is someone I think I can trust. Its nice...either way, hopefully a positive end result with or without the results.  

I'll keep you updated.

Joe

Joe

I believe you said that that the payment went threw a ge credit card correct?
Can you not go threw them as i did threw mastercard? As that is the same answer paypal told me 1 yr ago about an ebay fraud. I won but the seller only had $6 in his account so thats all i could get.

At this point i would try anything if i was in your shoes.

in the future when making paypal payments always pay threw a visa or mastercard. It doesen't matter if he doesen't have the money in his account they wil take it directly from his cc. Which is what they did to get my $150 back.

I wouldn't believe a word he said. I'm more than willing to share my fiasco with the authorities.

Reply #81January 22, 2008, 03:42:18 pm

rallydiesel

• Veteran

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2008, 03:42:18 pm »
He basically had the same reply to me when he didn't send me my part and gave me a false tracking number. He obviously uses the same excuse but keeps screwing people even though his "financial situation"  has been the same for several months. No regard for other people.
2006 Jetta TDI - gtb1749v, Malone 2, Frank's Titan 2 cam, VR6 clutch....
1991 Jetta TD - sold :(
2001 Golf TDI - Son's
1981 Rabbit - BEW tdi swap project

"ONCE YOU GO CLACK, YOU NEVER GO BACK"

Reply #82January 22, 2008, 06:21:28 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2008, 06:21:28 pm »
My situation with GE credit services and their doing a chargeback is in motion as I mentioned at the moment. It "appears" that maybe Slyvester himself had the same type of service (Paypal Buyer Credit) which is essentially and online credit service...much like Visa, Mastercard, etc.
So...the process appears to be occuring in that way. I'll have to check my account through GE (seperate from Paypal) which I can do online and it will reflect any activity within 48hrs. So...if it gets posted...wahoo!

If not, we've engaged a 3rd party in the situation that I do trust and should be picking up the parts right about this time (as I post) from Slyvester, along with money for shipping for them and a partial refund.

UPDATE: as i posted this...got a phone call from the 3rd party...supposedly he is having "car problems" in getting the parts to where they need to be tonight...

So...we shall see...

Joe
1972 VW Westfalia

Reply #83January 22, 2008, 07:23:23 pm

fuslit

• Junior

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2008, 07:23:23 pm »
ugh, bummer but expected from what I've read on the rest of his transactions :(

-Todd
'98 jetta tdi [daily]

Reply #84January 24, 2008, 11:41:27 am

95gltd

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2008, 11:41:27 am »
Quote from: "fuslit"
ugh, bummer but expected from what I've read on the rest of his transactions :(

-Todd

Ya expect the worst with this ass clown.

Reply #85January 27, 2008, 05:31:23 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2008, 05:31:23 pm »
An update...

Paypal did come through and a chargeback was issued. I confirmed it as of Sat.
Though, on the downside....I have to still re-source all of the parts and probably will push the project into summer for completion...I spent alot of energy on this and need some time to think about things and how I want to do them. Needless to say, I'm doing a nice R&R on my mtb at the moment which is more enjoyable to me given the currrent/last situation here. I decided actually that a few of the projects will need to wait....thats another thread though....

If you want to follow up with what I said on Illicit, here it is..

http://illicitvw.com/site/viewtopic.php?t=4524

For some reason that was never really explained to me, the initial thread I opened with all of the detailed info I entered was locked...not sure why...not too sure if it matters at this point. Slyvester himself actually posted to the "new" thread...if you want to call it that.

So...there it is...

Joe
1972 VW Westfalia

Reply #86January 27, 2008, 06:09:42 pm

subsonic

• Veteran

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2008, 06:09:42 pm »
Perhaps it was locked do to an ongoing investigation???
2009 Jetta TDI Loyal edition, 6-spd. 16V 2.0CR

1985 VW Golf 5-spd, 4-door, 1.6NA  Bought from orig. owner in Savannah with 42,000 miles.
"Making the jump NA to TD" slow but sure.

1980 VW Rabbit LS 5-spd, 4-door 1.6NA almost 450,000miles  RIP

Reply #87January 27, 2008, 07:52:40 pm

fuslit

• Junior

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2008, 07:52:40 pm »
Joe,
You have shown yourself quite level headed in this whole ordeal. In your handling of the situation you have left others that know you and who may run into a similar boat a high bar to aspire too, I applaud you in this.

I hope Sylvester learned a valuable lesson from all of this, Take responsibility for your actions instead of running away. For others it should be a wakeup call that there are no secrets on the internet and there is much that can be traced back to you. Something to always bare in mind.

I know it must have been frustrating to compartmentalize your emotions but I think in the end it shows that you have class and understanding.

You'll be able to source your parts elsewhere and taking a break is not a bad idea you don't want to burn yourself out Smile

Again, Nicely handled I'll buy you a beer next time I see you.

-Todd
'98 jetta tdi [daily]

Reply #88January 27, 2008, 08:39:57 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2008, 08:39:57 pm »
Quote from: "fuslit"
Joe,
You have shown yourself quite level headed in this whole ordeal. In your handling of the situation you have left others that know you and who may run into a similar boat a high bar to aspire too, I applaud you in this.

I hope Sylvester learned a valuable lesson from all of this, Take responsibility for your actions instead of running away. For others it should be a wakeup call that there are no secrets on the internet and there is much that can be traced back to you. Something to always bare in mind.

I know it must have been frustrating to compartmentalize your emotions but I think in the end it shows that you have class and understanding.

You'll be able to source your parts elsewhere and taking a break is not a bad idea you don't want to burn yourself out Smile

Again, Nicely handled I'll buy you a beer next time I see you.

-Todd

LOL...I know...
Things really turned out alot better than they could have (had I not pursued) and I'm glad I didn't have to take the next steps.

I'll take you up on that beer as well! I don't have a prob concentrating on the bike right now :)

Joe
1972 VW Westfalia