S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: My new 1.9TD projet :) Need advice  (Read 1916 times)

December 28, 2007, 01:02:23 pm

2west

My new 1.9TD projet :) Need advice
« on: December 28, 2007, 01:02:23 pm »
Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to have found this forum, I'm sure you'll be able to help me a lot into my current projet. I did not buy anything yet so I'm making the budget before. And I know more you have info BEFORE beginning better it ends.

I'm gonna swap a VW 1.9TD (AAZ) into a Toyota 4runner 92-95. It has already been done so I'm not too afraid.

The first step for me is to rebuild a AAZ from A to Z  :wink: and while I'm gonna been at there I'm gonna tweak some little things to make the engine ready to output more power from it as I expect to need a little more from the engine. (expecting about 130-140hp maybe more if it's easy, not too much expensive and reliable) To be honnest I don't know how much power a AAZ can output safely but it's where I wanna go.

I'm not at my first rebuild but I'm new to diesel. I'm sure I'm gonna be ok with that but I will need your help to do the right the first time.

Here what I wanna do to the engine and parts I will need infos about:

- Complete rebuild engine kit including oversized pistons, bearings, timming blet kit (which kit should I buy and from which place)?
What is the maximum bore that can be done safely to these engine?

- Stage 1 head porting: port match and deburring only
- Bigger injector nozzle (which size should I buy and from who?)
- Brand new glow plugs (thinking to buy those on e-bay) It's very cold here in winter.
- Custom intercooler
- A new seal kit for the fuel pump
- Rebuild kit for turbo.
- Complete engine gasket set... also, where should I buy.

Afterthat I'm gonna swap the engine and work step by step to tune it perfectly. One of my friend have the air/fuel analyser so we will set and fine tune the blend perfectly when I will acheive the right power output.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm gonna be glad to post picture when I'm gonna start the whole thing.

Any comment or advise will be GREATLY appreciate :)

Etienne :)

Reply #1December 28, 2007, 10:58:18 pm

oldskool rich

• Veteran

My new 1.9TD projet :) Need advice
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:58:18 pm »
- Bigger injector nozzle (which size should I buy and from who?)    merc 617 nozzles from bosch and 1.6 injectors

- Brand new glow plugs (thinking to buy those on e-bay) It's very cold here in winter.    dont buy from ebay, unless they are bosch, i bort sum cheap ones and snapped the ends off them in 2 weeks.

- Custom intercooler   ebay, but you get what you pay for

- A new seal kit for the fuel pump   probly from vw but i wudnt bother

- Rebuild kit for turbo.   you dont need to do this they last forever, i sugest upgrading to a t3 if you want more power

- Complete engine gasket set... also, where should I buy   gsf if you have one where you are

hope that helps, also if you dont already know, aazs self destruct.
i didnt believe it until mine did, u need a clutched alternator and a crankshaft and pully off a tdi, i used a 1z
if you dont bother or think it wont happen to you, your pully will shear off and ull have to start again with a new head and block

f6squared I.D.S.T

S-PAutomotive.com