Author Topic: 1SlowVW's slow vw  (Read 5533 times)

October 25, 2007, 03:13:10 pm

1slowvw

1SlowVW's slow vw
« on: October 25, 2007, 03:13:10 pm »
Hey guys, I have been posting questions and very few answers on this board for quite sometime now, and you guys have always been super helpful. But theory is boring and after I started reading about faster diesels I had to at least try and build one. so here is a pic of my attempt, its now running and I hope to get a rad fan set up this weekend, and get my brakes working so it can go for inspection.

The truck will be next summers project, however it will not be a performance build.
Let me know what you guys think, I know its definaly a work in progress. And it will eventualy be painted navada beige, once I get all the mechanical bits sorted out.

1SlowVW

Reply #1October 25, 2007, 03:21:16 pm

con

• Junior

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 03:21:16 pm »
nice, what spec is the jetta?

Reply #2October 25, 2007, 04:03:19 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 04:03:19 pm »
Very nice. Do you have any more pictures?
What are your plans?
Tyler

Reply #3October 25, 2007, 08:32:05 pm

1slowvw

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 08:32:05 pm »
Plans, lets see, well theres getting the piping run for the front mount intercooler. Which you can just make out if you look at the pic closely, after that, I will install the 1.6TD boost pin that is sitting in my shed, then the boost controller which I should be getting tomorrow. And then I can start increasing the fuel and boost.
Then the body work will commence, then stereo gear, and that should do it for this year.

as for pics, I have lots of pics of the motor install and such i'll post em up once I get them hosted.

1SlowVW

PS: motor is a fresh AZZ with crank mod, and a T3 turbo.

Reply #4October 26, 2007, 09:47:04 am

1slowvw

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 09:47:04 am »
couple more pics.

might get a few more pics on the weekend, if I remember to bring my camera home.

1SlowVW

Reply #5October 26, 2007, 11:56:16 am

spencebm

• Veteran

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 11:56:16 am »
sick build!  i have a similar setup in my red jetta! how the heck do you find room for the front mount?
Ben Spencer

Reply #6October 29, 2007, 11:57:33 am

1slowvw

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:57:33 am »
Quote from: "spencebm"
sick build!  I have a similar setup in my red jetta! how the heck do you find room for the front mount?

Fitting the intercooler was fairly simple, simply cut out the bottom part of the bumper support, and trimmed the back side of the bumper skin to give a little clearance. However I still need to fab the piping, and its looking like its going to be a pain.

Update: was home this weekend, got my brakes working, so I took the car out for a late night spin, made it about 5km from home when the Turbo decided to call it quits. So I pulled the turbo off, to find that the impeller was now touching the inside of the housing when pressure was put on it. Should be recieving a junk yard turbo mid week, so I will be ready for inspection next weekend.

1SlowVW

Reply #7February 01, 2008, 06:32:56 pm

1slowvw

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 06:32:56 pm »
Hey guys, a little update on my AZZ project. havn't been able to work on it much sense this fall due to my being at university, but was able to get a little audio done over the christmas break although its not quite done in the pic.

I am currently waiting for my silicone couplers to come in so i can finish my intercooler piping properly. Hope to finish the exhaust in the next couple weekends (2.5 straight through with no mufflers), and start body work on march break.

That being said I was wondering if any of you guys had video of any tuned AZZ's, as I could use a little motivation.
Thanks.

1SlowVW

Reply #8March 12, 2008, 10:55:58 pm

1slowvw

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 10:55:58 pm »
Another little update, Im getting the last pipe bent for my intercooler set up this week, got most of it done on march break, but didn't get time to start on the bodywork unfortunatly. I was also able to get my downpipe fabed up.

got it out for a little spin, on one of the warmer days, its only running about 13 psi, right now. Fuel pin, and increased fueling will be hapening soon, and the intercooler will finaly be hooked up, and I will get pics when its done.

Click here to watch little-run-68

comments welcome, words of encouragement, tips, or constructive critisism is cool to.

1SlowVW

Reply #9March 12, 2008, 11:15:28 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 11:15:28 pm »
Looking good. Is that a wood floor in the trunk?
Tyler

Reply #10March 12, 2008, 11:40:37 pm

1slowvw

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 11:40:37 pm »
Quote from: "burn_your_money"
Looking good. Is that a wood floor in the trunk?

Yeah, sort of a kickback to the old school trucks with the wood bed I guess, the car is really going to have a lot of vintage touches by the end I hope, the interior is going to be black on blue plaid eventualy, and the car is being painted Mexico Beige(definatly far from flashy).
Not going to be anything crazy, but unique and tastefull. Someday I hope to build a stickly go fast diesel, but sense I'm a student, and this is going to be my daily I'm just having fun with it.

1SlowVW

Reply #11March 31, 2008, 08:58:08 am

DonGTI

• Junior

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 08:58:08 am »
I still cannot figure out exactly where you placed the intercooler... i am having a headache myself regarding as to where to place mine, can you explain better?

Thanks
Fast and Cheap is not Reliable
Reliable and Cheap is not Fast
BUT
Reliable and Fast is NEVER Cheap...
                              - someone's wise words after my GTI engine died -

Reply #12March 31, 2008, 02:15:18 pm

1slowvw

1SlowVW's slow vw
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 02:15:18 pm »
Quote from: "DonGTI"
I still cannot figure out exactly where you placed the intercooler... i am having a headache myself regarding as to where to place mine, can you explain better?

Thanks

If you click on the first picture you can blow it up and you will see that the intercooler sits behind the front bumper. To get it to fit properly I needed to cut about an inch out of the bottom of the actual bumper, and a little bit off the bumper skin as well.
I actualy just finished the piping this past weekend, and it looks something like this oh and by the way the rad is going to be held in place by a custom braket.

1SlowVW

Fixmyvw.com