Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: october camp out  (Read 3108 times)

October 01, 2007, 01:47:33 pm

BlackTieTD

• Veteran

october camp out
« on: October 01, 2007, 01:47:33 pm »
we're planning another camping trip out before winter. sometime mid-late october in south-western ontario somewhere. i like conestogo lake this time of year, or maybe we'll go somewhere else. some of the bus crowd should be into this with their pull out beds, propane heaters and such... so we'll see how good the turn out is. let me know if you're interested. going to try to get some buses and diesels out.

Reply #1October 04, 2007, 09:00:25 pm

VW Scully

• Junior

• Not Quite Tom Riddle's Diary
october camp out
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 09:00:25 pm »
The BugPack Bus Club is having its Fall tour next weekend!
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Bug_Pack/

You should attend!
Here's the details!

Fall tour 2007

Oct 12 13 14 2007
Southern Ontario Canada
~ Milton Ont to ~ Owen Sound Ont area

The fall tour will take place rain or shine... or freezing cold.
notwithstanding- salted roads will cancel the event.
You will be responsible for everything.
Bring a Camera ! You will want to take pictures!
bring warm camping equipment.
There might be a couple park stops that charge admission...
Please be prepared with food. prepared lunches work great at road side stops,
although there may be ample time to cook something,, you might have to decide to
participate in the event or cook... so if we take a short hike.. you can eat a
sammich.... or you can bypass the hike to cook a pogo.
There may be gravel roads,, there may be construction detours..
A CB radio can be a real handy thing,, even if you just have a portable to
listen in ...

The general idea of the Fall tour is Farfernugen ! Having a driving pleasure..
or something like that! :)

Saturday morning We will arrive at Rattlesnake Pt...around 8 ish,, the park opens at 8am depending on the weather.. there should be some tremendous vistas we can view.
Some folks might choose to camp at Milton Heights campground overnight... others can meet up there. or rattlesnake pt. in the morning.
shortly after 8:30 ish... we will start heading north towards Collingwood.
At an appropriate place about noonish.. we will stop for a lunch,, this may be tied in with another outlook point or other point of interest.
Sometime mid to late afternoon , we should be able to tour the Creemore Brewery facilities.
Shortley after that,, early evening ,, we will be settling down for supper and camping ... hopefully before the sun sets.
We have an offer of a farm setting,, with no facilities... you need to have access to everything you need from a potty to food to warm sleeping quarters.
If that isn't suitable,, we may decide to stop at Craigleith Provincial park with electric sites,and washrooms,, fees apply
Sunday morning,, we will be on the road after breakfast.. breakfast may or may not be impromptu group, or individual ...
Heading towards Owen Sound,, and a little further north to a destination that is worth the time and drive. Fingers crossed we can.

There will be a drivers meeting on saturday morning.. we can go over issues at that point,, take suggestions,, alter the course,, ensure that everyone has ample information to have a wonderful day.
Jamie Rivers (organiser).
jriversATglobalserve.net

Not sure if we're attending; depends on if I can get a "farm sitter"  :oops: but it's a fun time if you want to get out with yer Bus! :)
Tara aka VW Scully
**1981 Rabbit Diesel L, Biodiesel driven: 'the Bio-Bunny' **
Advocate for Young Adult Cancer Research & Support: I'm too Young for This!!
http://www.i2y.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply #2October 05, 2007, 09:04:30 am

BlackTieTD

• Veteran

october camp out
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 09:04:30 am »
sounds like a lot of fun. but, my bus is off the road again for a bunch of work, i took the insurance off it. is this an all bus deal or are junker rabbits ok too?

.....one minute. that means i will miss turkey. nope can't do it  :lol:

Fixmyvw.com