S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: AAZ engine/pump Qs ( with pics )  (Read 2099 times)

September 13, 2007, 04:23:51 pm

ELVIS

• Junior

AAZ engine/pump Qs ( with pics )
« on: September 13, 2007, 04:23:51 pm »
hi from a noobie!been a lurker for nearly a year and think i registered sometime last year too! reconize a few names from the various uk T25/T3 forums ( hello Mr Useless Clopper!)

just picked up a really clean AAZ with a tad over 100k miles on with FSH and tight bottom pulley for £150 GBP .it was a 'cut out' from my local breakers and i have a few Qs regarding missing pipes .its going to be fitted in my T3/T25/vanagon thingy!

(1) where does this small bore tube go to that is attached to part of the EGR set-up or is it just a vent ?

(2) where does this small bore pipe connect to thats coming from waste gate ?

(3) the pump has what appears to be a second solenoid (by left finger) and a plug with two wires that is wired to above throttle spring next to LDA (right finger) . you can just see wire by dipstick. any ideas ? obviously wire stop solenoid to existing wire from loom. what of the others have/need to be wired to ?

cheers   Elvis

Reply #1September 13, 2007, 04:45:23 pm

houseofdiesel

• Junior

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 04:45:23 pm »
That waste gate nipple goes to the boost control solenoid mounted beside the air box on Canadian cars. It cycles boost or varies the pressure of the waste gate.
Other item on injection pump is timing solenoid, if gets power under full load to increase timing, however feeding 12V from the pump solenoid will give excellent power and economy right off the line and will not harm your engine (this is a smog or emission related device).
Greg

Reply #2September 13, 2007, 04:50:12 pm

ELVIS

• Junior

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 04:50:12 pm »
cheers HoD! just read the FAQ on tuning 1.9td for the 1000 time and its just jumped out on me!! :lol:  if i understand it correctly - unplug the wire to the solenoid and wire in series using existing wire to fuel cut off solenoid ? the thing on top with 2 wires is the limit switch - unfortunately the translation from french dosnt make sense to me  :lol: just unplug ? or do i physically take out switcg ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply #3September 13, 2007, 04:55:15 pm

ELVIS

• Junior

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 04:55:15 pm »
where do you think it should be routed to now ? somewhere in inlet tract/airbox then ? gonn have to make up a custom inlet box/tract to make it fir my engine bay.

Reply #4September 14, 2007, 01:14:24 pm

houseofdiesel

• Junior

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 01:14:24 pm »
I run 12 V from fuel cut off switch (ignition power) to that solenoid you have pictured, this provides full timing right off the line rather then 2500 rpms the way VW delayed it.
I also leave the throttle switch on top of pump open 100%, meaning full throttle never closes it (if I am remembering right, I might have it backwards...). Just rotate the switch so the throttle never makes contact with it.
The waste gate controler can be mounted anywhere you want, it is external, has to have a vacuum source and a line to the waste gate, I am not sure where the power comes from off the top of my head though, I have never really look at a diagram to see where is gets the input for it
Greg

Reply #5September 14, 2007, 04:47:20 pm

ELVIS

• Junior

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 04:47:20 pm »
oh! i just got the engine as a 'cut out' from a wrecker so didnt get any parts off the body etc . is it possible to run the wastegate without the controller ? maybe use a T piece and run it into the manifold/LDA  line ?

S-PAutomotive.com