General Information > Troubleshooting

Changing from N/A to turbo motor?

(1/2) > >>

Hammy:
Hey guys;

I just bought a turbo motor, runs great. Anyways, has anyone got any tips, advice or anything at all to comment on please send it this way.
 It looks like a fairly easy swap. I do have a question though. There is some sort of 2 wire connector and a sensor in the smaller rubber intake tubing, that  comes off of the main duct, and goes to the round plastic thing on the side of the intake (not the turbo). What is this round plastic thing, an EGR valve or something? And what is this sensor, a heater maybe? It has key on battery power. Just not sure what it is.
 Will my clutch work from my N/A motor, or do I need a new one? I just did it a month ago, I would hate to have to change it.

That's all I can think of for now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks;
 Moonstone (Jason)

Hammy:
Well guys, it took a little bit, and a few trips to the parts store, but it's all done! So far so good. I seem to be having a little trouble getting the air out of the main line. I can't find any leaks, (before the pump) . The doner car sat far a while, and I'm wondering if the inj. pump could cause this air, or only a leak somewhere? Also, are the turbo injectors the same as the N/A ones? They look the same, and I have a noisey one. Otherwise it seems to run fairly well once you pick up the idle a bit. Any suggestions or comments would be great. Keep up the good work!

Moonstone (Jason)

caddywompus:
Turbo injectors and NA injectors are the same except for the breaking pressure: 130 bar NA, 155 bar turbo.  This makes a significant difference in injection timing/performance and it is inadvisable to mix the two.

Hope this helps,
Justin

Hammy:
I'm glad you mentioned this, I was just going to swap them out with the N/A ones, LOL. Thanks for the info Caddy, it's great to get help like this guys, thank-you.

BlackTieTD:
i suspect my engine has a noisy injector as well... a ticking became noticable when we advanced the injection pump timing. we suspect its breaking pressure is a little low, 1st cylinder injector.

is the ticking you have the loudest at idle, and when you're getting heavy on the throttle at lower rpms? it gets a little quieter as the engine warms up...but is basically drowned out at high rpm (i have no resonators/mufflers, so maybe thats why it gets drowned out).

hoping to swap in a used injector this week or next and pinpoint the problem.

i see you're from ontario, how far from hamilton? if you need a spare injector to swap in, the doc might be able to help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version