Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

Sharing my 1.6td project

<< < (8/10) > >>

fatmobile:
Sounds like you have a nice setup.
 Check to see if the alternator is putting out.
Cuz it probably should have charged the battery enough while running.

as4k:

--- Quote from: fatmobile on May 06, 2024, 05:39:03 pm ---Sounds like you have a nice setup.
 Check to see if the alternator is putting out.
Cuz it probably should have charged the battery enough while running.

--- End quote ---

And as usual I forget some useful information :D.  I'll check again for sure.  The volt meter inside the car showed like it had good voltage but I'll check it at the battery.  Alternator is fairly new, not that it matters. 

Yes, the more space is outstanding.  I was doing rear brakes on my other Audi a few days ago and was in the driveway.  I had so much space and nobody around to watch me!  Def enjoying this so far and cannot wait to get the garage all sorted so we can fit some cars in there :)

ORCoaster:
Maybe just check the battery terminals and the ground to the frame.  If the Alt is putting out the right amount of power then maybe it just isn't getting in to be stored as it should. 

as4k:

--- Quote from: ORCoaster on May 06, 2024, 09:41:45 pm ---Maybe just check the battery terminals and the ground to the frame.  If the Alt is putting out the right amount of power then maybe it just isn't getting in to be stored as it should.

--- End quote ---

Ah, interesting thought.  So, where should the engine to body grounds be?  Honestly the only ground I can think of is the battery negative to the transmission bolt.  Since I got this car with pretty much nothing assembled I didnt even think about additional grounds. 

RabbitJockey:
carlisle, are you near central pa?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version