General Information > Troubleshooting

1.6TD runaway problem

<< < (3/3)

MartiM:
Cold start linkage moves freely aswell. Funny thing is that everything seems to be in working order, nothing stuck, rusted or missing. I even tried taking off the spring mechanism of the gas shaft and tried to hold it by hand in different locations to see if that makes any difference but still nothing. My last guess is that something is wrong in the lower section of the pump that i cant see when removing top cover. Ive been looking around for used pumps but they are hard to find where im located.

ORCoaster:
Have you tried moving the throttle lever Counter Clockwise one notch?  Mark the position of the shaft as it is and rotate the lever and replace the springs as they were. 

Dennis Froelich:
Did this ever get resolved?

srgtlord:
I know exactly what the problem is. The governor shaft is rusted internally. At the time of starting the pump is designed to supply waaay more fuel than at idle. Had this happen to a pump that was sitting for 10 years. Took off the top of the pump and used a punch to free the stuck shaft

ORCoaster:
Why are the best and easiest fixes solved by beating it with a hammer? 

Just seems ODD to me.  But then I am more of a thinker type and get in too deep sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version