Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: NEEDED - Pics of stock or nearly stock engine, pulleys, at. mounts, etc.  (Read 3766 times)

July 15, 2021, 01:17:22 am

mammonista

• Junior

So... (it's been forever since we last spoke),

I have an Mk1 Jetta coupe that came from the factory with a 1.6td and auto. PO blew that motor and swapped in a 1.6 na. Slower than just about anything I've ever driven with the exception of an early microbus. At any rate I bought it with the intent of swapping in a TDI from a '96 Passat which I outfitted with a Rover 200 (or 300?) TDI pump I sourced out of England.

Then we had to move and the project got put on hold for four years. Until last week....

Started looking at all the pieces from the Passat that I jammed into boxes for the move and realized I have zero idea how most of this stuff goes back together.  I could spend hours scratching my head and eventually figure it out but heck 'a picture is worth a thousand words.'

So if you have a motor swap of a TDI into a Mk1 Jetta or Rabbit I'd love to see as many pictures as you can post here. This is gonna be a pretty minimal installation I think since we live in coastal Oregon and have no need for air conditioning so no compressor, condenser on the motor. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 11:24:37 pm by ORCoaster »

If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway!

Reply #1July 15, 2021, 11:27:21 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Did you move to Coastal Oregon?   Where?  Change your location in your profile or it didn't happen. 

I would just say buy a Bentley and you will be forever grateful for the money spent.  That should get you where you need to be with all the parts and pieces. 

Welcome to the cool climate part of the state by the way.  That valley crap of 95 for weeks on end?  Who wants that? 

Reply #2July 17, 2021, 05:24:43 pm

mammonista

• Junior

Reedsport (ugh) about four years ago. Jetta has been up on blocks the entire time.
If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway!

S-PAutomotive.com