Model Specific Questions and Info > MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k

Heat Shield Usage for Compresson Test

<< < (6/6)

thomas m:

--- Quote from: libbydiesel on November 14, 2020, 12:46:00 pm ---In looking at the fittings and measuring, I believe it is the M1-MST.  I cannot say with certainty, though, and obviously bear no responsibility if incorrect.  :)

--- End quote ---

That looks pretty close. Here's the Hofmann page with the male and female connectors that look like the ones on the CTA 2800 kit.
https://www.hofmannfluidpower.com/products/quick-connect-couplings/straight-thru-coupling/
I'm suppose to hear from CTA in a couple of days and if they give me something specific I will post it here.

UPDATE: As Nov 23, I haven't heard back from CTA.
UPDATE: As of Decenber 8, 2020 I don't expect a call back.

libbydiesel:
FWIW, a couple weeks ago I used my CTA tester to test the compression on a TDI and it worked great.  I haven't had the opportunity to test compression on an IDI engine yet and don't know when I will. 

fatmobile:
 That's why I check compression by turning the crank by hand.
 If it tries to go backwards when compressed it's 375psi or above.
 Hard to turn but doesn't go backwards,... maybe 350.
 Not so hard to turn 325 or less and only starts in warm weather.

thomas m:

--- Quote from: fatmobile on December 08, 2020, 10:37:21 pm --- That's why I check compression by turning the crank by hand.
 If it tries to go backwards when compressed it's 375psi or above.
 Hard to turn but doesn't go backwards,... maybe 350.
 Not so hard to turn 325 or less and only starts in warm weather.

--- End quote ---

Reminds me of the guy on Youtube who finds top dead center by putting a balloon on his compression hose and noticing when it start to fill up. He removes the hose from the block and then use a dowel or screwdriver to tweak it to top dead center. Then he does a leak down test.  I don't know why he doesn't want to take the valve cover off?????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version