For Sale/Looking For > Parts for Sale/Wanted

WTB Injection Pump Pulley

(1/2) > >>

Ned337:
A little while back I decided to take out the a/c, threw a bolt in where it wasn't suppose to go and damaged my injection pump pulley. I have called around looking for a pulley (the one inside the timing belt cover) but cannot seem to locate one. Because of the chipped teeth the timing belt is being torn up slightly and before I put anymore strain on it I am gonna try to replace it. Its a 91 Ecodiesel with the TD pump, if that makes a difference? I can be reached through here, pm's or my email at [email protected] If anyone could help me out let me know  :D

Wingaman:
Can you take a picture of the pulley ?

I'm shure you can repair it without problem with a welder and a dremel.

She's broke of damage ?

fatmobile:
I was going to say there is one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7919661708&category=33625

but I've never seen one with a hole arraingment like that.

fspGTD:
Interesting... it sort of looks like it's been lightened.  It does look like it would work though.

:idea:  Hey, I wonder if there could be a significant amount of rotating weight saved by doing this?  It would even be legal in my racing class!  :)

Spike_TDI:
Personal I don't think that you're going to want to take a bunch of weight out of the pulley. I believe that it acts like a flywheel/damper. Smoothing out the load on the timing belt caused by the pump. Look at a TDI pulley, it's three + times heavier then the late model AAZ pulley. I was thinking about using an AAZ pulley on my 11mm TDI pump, but the more I thought about it the more the heavier pulley made sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version