Engine Specific Info and Questions > TDI - Pumpe Duese TDI Engines

Bora tdi damaged timing belt.

(1/6) > >>

stuartthompson:
Hi all thanks for the add.

I have a pd 130 mapped to 177bhp. Changed in tank pump as was not working. Primed the system and wouldn't start. I called a deisel doctor out who diagnosed problem. It turns out my belt was poor and has ripped about 2/3 inches of teeth off. Now the guy said the 1.9tdi of lumps rarely bed calves and said it should be ok. So she is getting timing set and new belt today for the sum of £50. So worth a shot a guess. What's people's thoughts on damage to the engine. Am I going to be luck and is the guy going to be right. A sure hope so. Thanks for looking all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

libbydiesel:
'bed calves' = bend valves?  If the timing belt breaks they ALWAYS bend valves, 100% of the time.  Sometimes they will run ok afterward and you might think you dodged a bullet, but then a few thousand miles later the head drops off a damaged valve and the whole engine implodes...

stuartthompson:
That would be just my luck like. Well it's at the garage should find out tomorrow what the damage is. Considering going down the second hand head route but not sure. See what the lad recommends like as he knows what's what. Cheers for reply.

air-cooled or diesel:
sounds like you motor may have turned over several times while belt had failed, one thing thats not binding, is when you remove head, if it hasnt run since, is to check the piston tops for valve kisses, thats one place to start, other than that, perhaps change out all valves, and lifters, check cam for damage.

stuartthompson:
Never even had the thing a week. Sick. A see what the garage says tomorrow and post the outcome and what he recommends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version