Model Specific Questions and Info > MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k

MK2 Jetta EcoDiesel

(1/3) > >>

frozeninferno:
Sometimes it really sucks having this car, lol. It seems so hard to find much information on anything about this car unless I look at my car and compare to other things I find about the other 1.6TD. Wish there was more insight on the things I could do for a little more fueling and air on this car. I love the car to be completely honest, it takes me anywhere that I want it to with 0 issues.

But, I am going to need a new starter soon and they all seem pricey (it is a diesel so, duh)
I have been looking around trying to see what I can gather to get more fuel running through the car of course.
Trying to gather info on swapping a different turbo on as well.
But, I feel I have not found much information on getting more air to the car (maybe I haven't looked hard enough?)

Any help from you guys would be great!

theman53:
FAQ make your 1.6td a faster car

or something similar to that title for the thread. Or go to the idi engine thread and see. Many, many, many times has this been discussed

libbydiesel:
As theman says, sit back and peruse the 550 pages of past threads in the IDI Engine forum.  By the time you get done you will be much more educated.

Your turbo isn't an issue (unless it isn't functioning properly - e.g. wastegate stuck, wastegate seat worn, etc..).  Unless you're planning on running more than 15 psi or so of boost (and you should intercool first) then forget about a turbo swap.

Do the following IN ORDER. 

1.  Go to a larger exhaust first 2.5" diameter with reasonably free-flowing muffler. 
2.  Add an EGT gauge. 
3.  Add a full aneroid injection pump. 
4.  Add an intercooler. 
5.  Add a manual boost controller and adjust boost up to 15 psi or so.
6.  Adjust max fuel to 1250°F sustained.

Your ECO k14 is ideal until *AFTER* you have done *ALL* of the above.  If at that point, you still feel you want more, then investigating other turbo options might be beneficial, but not before.   

TylerDurden:
Does the car still have the CAT in the exhaust? It could be partially plugged.

frozeninferno:

--- Quote from: libbydiesel on October 26, 2016, 12:30:23 am ---As theman says, sit back and peruse the 550 pages of past threads in the IDI Engine forum.  By the time you get done you will be much more educated.

Your turbo isn't an issue (unless it isn't functioning properly - e.g. wastegate stuck, wastegate seat worn, etc..).  Unless you're planning on running more than 15 psi or so of boost (and you should intercool first) then forget about a turbo swap.

Do the following IN ORDER. 

1.  Go to a larger exhaust first 2.5" diameter with reasonably free-flowing muffler. 
2.  Add an EGT gauge. 
3.  Add a full aneroid injection pump. 
4.  Add an intercooler. 
5.  Add a manual boost controller and adjust boost up to 15 psi or so.
6.  Adjust max fuel to 1250°F sustained.

Your ECO k14 is ideal until *AFTER* you have done *ALL* of the above.  If at that point, you still feel you want more, then investigating other turbo options might be beneficial, but not before.   

--- End quote ---

I have been pursuing the best EGT gauge to go with and am thinking maybe the one NewSouth has as I love their products I had for my MK4. I just really don't want an ugly gauge sitting somewhere you know? Trying to find something/somewhere I will be able to put a gauge so it isn't so out of place. Sorry for the noob question, I'll probably end up google-ing, aneroid pump? Haven't seen that come up anywhere. But, I do have a 2.5" exhaust on the car. Did it the first weekend I had it because I didn't want that cat on there.
I will probably have to scroll through the TDI pages for the best way to do an intercooler, wondering if a 03 ALH intercooler will fit well. Probably not as intake is route on opposite side on the cars.

Thank you! This gives me a little more to look at rather than blinding searching and not knowing an "order". My brain is too OCD sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version