Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

Setting static pump timing . 300tdi rover

<< < (2/3) > >>

vanbcguy:
You can measure the lift with your dial gauge. Just zero it out and keep turning. 

EGR is a tool used to keep NOx levels down. NOx is a product of combustion temperature and pressure. Different injection profiles will alter those variables. A non-EGR pump either is trying to keep NOx levels down without using EGR or was meant for a market that doesn't have NOx regulations. A different camplate makes sense.

Sohio:

--- Quote from: vanbcguy on June 18, 2015, 01:14:43 pm ---My 300TDI pump is timed to 1.45 or so. Try advancing it some more.

--- End quote ---

this worked!

Tylenol:

--- Quote from: vanbcguy on June 19, 2015, 04:33:00 pm ---You can measure the lift with your dial gauge. Just zero it out and keep turning. 

EGR is a tool used to keep NOx levels down. NOx is a product of combustion temperature and pressure. Different injection profiles will alter those variables. A non-EGR pump either is trying to keep NOx levels down without using EGR or was meant for a market that doesn't have NOx regulations. A different camplate makes sense.

--- End quote ---

Yeah can't believe that one slipped my mind on the lift lol I'll be tunning it starting next week and I'll have the info on my pump for you! Don't forget time in the NOx production more time would equal more NOx!

Tylenol:
Checking timming again and came up with 1.87 somehow noticed a little knock was starting to form put it back to 1.54 and now I have no power and my egts are through the roof Cant even drive hwy speeds any one ever have this happen to them? By the way my total lift using my dial gauge said I have a total lift of 2.48  vanbcguy!

vanbcguy:
Very interesting. High EGTs and low power mean the timing is retarded - sounds like your cam plate shape must be different enough to need more static timing. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version