Engine Specific Info and Questions > IDI Engine

Booster full of brake fluid

<< < (2/9) > >>

ToddA1:
Years ago, I had a fluid loss issue with no trace of fluid, and i just kept topping it off  It ended up the m/c was leaking into the booster.  I siphoned all of the fluid out, replaced the m/c and was good. 

Some time after, the return spring internal to the booster snapped or something.  I cant say whether this was was attributed to the leak.  The pedal wouldn't return to full height and the brakes would drag.  I solved this with a bungee cord.

This was years ago, and the booster still works, although the ar is only driven maybe 200 miles per year.

-Todd

GEE-BEE:
I just did a complete brake sytem in my son's caddy

all new hardlines in s/s
new master
new booster
new flex lines
complete rebuild rear ( drum and cylinders )
new 16v calipers and 11'1 rotors

we did trim 1.5 inches off each side of axle, welded a gusset to the backplate, all leaf springs and axle were powdercoated satin black before install

If I did it again I would have switched over to a g60 calipers and a 26 mm master as its less money up front

the brake headlines ( s/s ) for the later cabby are easier to match then the early 20 mm system

Trips_B:
My MC also blew which resulted in fluid in the booster.

I drained all the fluid, did not use any solvents.  2 years ago on my daily driver no problems

ORCoaster:
Hexed by this thread!  I was installing my custom gauge holder in the dash today and was double checking the voltage to the solenoids for the WVO system under the hood and noticed my rear resevoir was empty.  Looked out on the road and figured out that wasn't water draining out the wiper tray from last nights drizzle I was looking at.  Dang to take it apart is a pain.  But then so is not having rear brakes.  Always something.

damac:
This happened to an 82 jetta I junked that a family member daily drove.  It was dumping fluid in their for months probably.  I think I filled it with purple power and let it sit for a day and then cleaned it and blew it out with air.  The one on my rabbit went and I wanted to put a new master in anyways, so I put the booster in and its still working. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version