Engine Specific Info and Questions > Non VW Group Diesel

Jeep XJ - Turbo Diesel

(1/5) > >>

AdrianD:
Hey guys,
I'm Adrian, from Transylvania and I drive a '96 Jeep Cherokee, with a factory installed 2.5 IDI TD engine. Currently running stock boost, rotated fuel pin (it has a 10mm Bosch VE pump), no muffler, oil cooler, boost, EGT and oil temp gauges.

Not my picture but here's the engine bay with newer IP:

Gauge setup, missing boos gauge at that point

Oil cooler and intercooler:

Right now I've got a manual boost controller to install, EGT's are around 1100-1150 on a WOT run 0-70mph, with some haze. I'll have to take and upload some new pics today :)

This seems like a knowledgeable place for an IDI owner looking to get more power out of his diesel.

PS: before I could drive legally I've driven on country roads the old family cars... MK1 GTD (1.5D NA), MK3 (1.9D) and MK4 (ALH), somehow I grew up around VW diesels, even took part in a 1.5D rebuild when I was 7-8 and was passenger in a 1.5D that ran away.

theman53:
I had no clue they made the xj or here called Cherokee mostly with a diesel. I wonder how much to get one imported as that should be in my jeep :D

CRSMP5:
better yet how did you find us?

more pics/info would be swell...

bbob203:
Ecu controlled idi interesting!

bajacalal:
The engine in question is a VM Motori diesel, made in Italy. Unfortunately, they were never sold with this engine in the U.S. or Canada, which is where most of the people on the forum happen to live, so most of us don't know much about them.

If you speak French, you might try the French forum, where there are probably more people who live in countries where these were available.

Jeep also offered a Renault turbo diesel in the Cherokee, engine from commercial vans in Europe, in the late '80s, and these were sold in North America. Unfortunately, they're really rare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version