Engine Specific Info and Questions > Diesel Swaps

1Z TDI swap into MK2- cluster needed?

(1/3) > >>

burn_your_money:
Simple question, do I need the cluster or can I use my mk2 cluster and still have everything function?

8v-of-fury:
Are you going M-TDI or staying electrical? what trans are you using? the 020?

If Mechanical and 020, I'd just use the stock cluster. Speedo will work, and the sensors for the oil pressure and water temp are the same IIRC.

Also a few questions, I am thinking of putting a TDI motor in our 88. Did/Can you use the mk3 rear and front motor mounts?

burn_your_money:
I'm asking for a friend.

It would be electronic with the 020. Just stock. I don't think we would swap subframes but rather just use the mk2 mounts. Although, the beefy sway bar on the B4 Passat looks pretty tempting.

8v-of-fury:
Oh right on, right on.

I think you will need a tune to not have the cluster? It has been a while since I traveled down the trail you are on. You won't be able to have a CEL, will you be keeping the VCDS port?

jboogie13:
i came across a thread on whoretex about someone who managed to fit all the mk3 cluster components into an a2 cluster housing. it was a jetta cluster though not a passat. i will search for the thread but cant make any guarantees as it was a while ago that i saw it. i would think that having the cluster from a tdi donor car would make the harness installation much easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version