Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

MTDi pump goes strange

(1/5) > >>

snakemaster:
this has hapend on two mtdi pumps i have built , when you press the diesel peddle hard to the floor from 1200rpm in 5th the engine seam to go on to two cylinders its like it fires of the injectors before there ment to fire and lots of smoke from the exhaust(when it is on two) and can take 70 seconds to get back on 4 cylinders  , i run a 1z mtdi with 110hp injectors FMI and a gt 15 with no pipe going to the wast gate 32psi max ,boost spike ?, will do the same in second gear to third etc,pump timming and the advance curve fine , i would like to find out what is causing this and get it sorted , its beating me i have put a we faset elec pump in line but makes no difrance .

8v-of-fury:
I think the issue is that you are trying to shove that much fuel in to the cylinder when there is not enough air.. 1200 rpm is dangerously low to be mashing the throttle.

a GT15 at 32 psi? You gonna blow that thing up too.. Pretty sure those are NOT suited for more than 18psi tops, much like the K03's.

snakemaster:
the same thing happings if your steady with the throttle at 3000rpm and then floor it , i dont hit 32psi often 4 years with the same small gt 15 , at 55 on a flat road 4 to 6 psi , and i get good MPG 65  sitting at 55mph UK gallon

Blocksmith:
What sort of setup do you have for the pumps? What did you build them out of?

snakemaster:

--- Quote from: Blocksmith on July 07, 2012, 08:15:37 pm ---What sort of setup do you have for the pumps? What did you build them out of?

--- End quote ---
11mm head +di camplate , shimed gov 2mm , control leaver 2mm more than std , mod lda, vw adv set up , i have a control leaver with 4.1mm and this pump is worse than the other one , seams to get more presshure to the injectors sooner , its like it has starved its self off fuel but its not and two of the injectors are fireing off at the wrong time , and if you take your foot of the thotle it sorts its self after 30 seconds its a strange one .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version