General Information > User's ride Wall

My stable of Volkswagens

(1/3) > >>

vwnut84:
Love the new section, figured I'd contribute  ;D

1991 Jetta Coupe Diesel "GTD" - 1.9AAZ - 296,000mi.

Started life as a factory 1.6NA.  Rare option combo for the year.  Bought it from this guy down in New Jersey in July of 2010.  Swapped out the stock block to swap into my moms TD because her block had bitten the dust. So I figured I'd just swap in an AAZ at that point  :P .  Probably going to keep this one around for a while, but I change cars more then I change my socks, so we'll see  :D  As with most of my cars I like to go the OEM+ route.

1.9 AAZ - AOP transmission.
H&R springs/Boge turbogas shocks
De-mufflered
Helios blue cabriolet seats, matching helios rear seat
European H4 headlights with LED city lights
1/2 tinted tails wired up in European spec with rear fog light
GLI spoiler
LED plate lights
All red interior lighting with ambient door pocket lights - all LED
Blaupunkt stereo, speakers, sub, and four channel 800w amplifier
A3 center console mod
European corrado steering wheel
20th anniversary pedals
....and tons of other small touches here and there. 

1982 Rabbit LS Diesel - 1.6d - 261,000mi

I bought this little guy back in July 2007 for $200.  Not running, sitting for three years and literally one day away from death (the owner was going to scrap it if no one came to get it).  Brought it home from Jersey that day and it's been one of my favorite cars ever since.  :)  When I bought it, it was totally stock.  Over the years I added some little touches here and there.  Overall I've just tried to maintain the patina of the car.  I've put over 110,000 miles on it in the five years I've owned it.  Such a great little car.

1987 Scirocco 16v - 1.8 16v - 205,000miles

Years before I even had a licence, I had dreamed of owning a Scirocco.  Then at 17 I made that dream come true and I never looked back.  I've had it going on ten years at this point.  Over the years it's been painted, poked at, prodded, and enjoyed.  It's been a long long process to get it to where it is today, but totally worth it.  This is that one car you never get rid of.  I didn't drive it at all last year due to other projects and time constraints.  This year I have a 2.0 16v that is currently undergoing a rebuild that will find it's way into the bay to replace the tired 1.8.  I'm also going to be swapping in a Digi 2 fuel system from a cabriolet to keep things OEM.  This is truely the car that is never finished haha  ::) ;D

1983 Rabbit GL Turbo Diesel - 1.6Td - 113,000miles

This is the only picture I have of this one on my Photobucket at the moment.  Currently it's sitting with the Scirocco stored and bundled up to come out when I have a garage to do a full restoration on.  It is a factory turbo diesel two door with a sunroof, no a/c and no p/s.  Quite possibly one of the rarest Rabbits to ever come out of Westmoreland.  The plan is an OEM+ restoration.  Probably going the route of GTI/GTD while keeping it along factory lines. 

Here are some other random pics, enjoy!!!

Photoshoot time!

okay, done whoring.  Hope you all enjoyed! 

fdnyguy:
Shame to see those old train cars rusting away in one of the pics. Where are they?

Nice collection. Good luck with the work on the Scirocco and '83 TD.

Stay safe, stay well. Jimmy.

Powjetta:
I really like the wheels on the scirocco in the picture with the lake in the backround.  What are they?

Syncroincity:
Wow, tasty selection! Please let me know when you decide to get rid of that '91 Jetta... DIBS! ;D

Cool to see that Rabbit diesel rocker panel sticker... VW had some funky optional decorative touches in the '80s, I'd yet to see that one.

rabbit82:
Nice looking Rabbit! Where did you get the fender flares?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version