Engine Specific Info and Questions > Diesel Swaps

M-tdi in Mk1 pickup

(1/2) > >>

ilikevwdiesel:
what do you guys think about this? I have an AAZ in my rabbit truck right now that's had a hard life (not my fault). TinTin is selling an M-tdi pump so I was wondering. Can I install an AHU longblock in place of the AAZ one that's in there now with TinTin's pump and be good to go? Use all the AAZ accessories and what not? Just add an intercooler I guess. That way I can use my existing TT exhaust and the 020 trans. I am not going to race it or do smoke shows for youtube I just want more power to tow and climb hills with 800 lbs of steel in the bed.

CRSMP5:
do a o2a conversion... even if cable and linkage stuff added.. i cannot say i race mine.. BUT its got some serious torque and pretty easy to rip in 2nd.. and depending on boost 3rd.. this is with 7" wide wheels..

AHU does drop in like aaz... so yep alt and stuff bolt right on...

ilikevwdiesel:
I can't afford to do all that I just want a stock AHU in there with an CHD trans w/.71 5th.  If I can swing it with just a long block and a pump I'll do it.

8v-of-fury:
stock trans will hold just fine for daily use.

m-tdi can be detuned a little if you wish for less torque. ;)

BigVWman:
I have an 020 with my 1z in the cabriolet and it holds fine and hasn't died yet. I do however dislike the difference between 4th and 5th its too large and i used the .071 5th. There are times when your in the city 5th lugs the motor and 4th seems too high but otherwise its fine!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version