Engine Specific Info and Questions > Non VW Group Diesel

VE Pump modifications BMW 524/324

<< < (2/3) > >>

klang:
Okey.

I've chosen to go and O-ring my block, I have a bad picture of it:

This "o-ring" is pressing against the headgasket. I had no idea that metal gasket existed to M21D24 engines.
This is a popular thing to do on gassers (BMW) to keep the headgasket into place when you get really high boost.
I have not found ARP bolt to fit on the M21? Do you have a link or something.

What rpms are you setting your pump to? I like RPM :)

I used to run a maxed original plunger, with loads of boost...
Then I overdid the methanol injection.. I forgot to mount the hose to the WG... and yeah guess what happened ;)

If your building a pump, you might aswell build one for me.. What do you want for this modification?

Regards

Alleslowbuged:
Hi Klang,

always nice to see someone working with the M21 engine and your scandinavian guys are the most crazy ones.
You are right there is no ARP stud set for the M21 engine, i have to look wich one i have used. From what i remeber, there where for audi 5 cylinder gasser engine or so, i have had a dealer you boughts to sets of the bolts and makes one 6 cylinder set for me and one 4 cylinder set for his shop. I can ask him for another set if you wand.

You are also right, that there is no stock mls headgasket for the m21, i have send my old gasket as master to John from "gasket-to-go" in Thailand and he makes a mls gasket for me. The first one was quite expensive because shipping from germany to thailand cost 75€, but once this was done in the past, you could send John a message via skype and say that you want a mls gasket for the bmw m21 engine and which thickness you would like. As i remeber right one gasket should cost something around 250 US$ with 2mm thickness.

As update i would make additional "steam holes" in the block and head and therefore also in gasket, as the actual tdi engines have.
I have allready spoken with John about that, but have not send him a picture with the dimension, so the technical thing is not fully clarifield.

By the side, i would love to have my block regrinded as yours is, this will help you many to seal the head. I go up to full 6000 rpm with my actual setup but shedule to go ahead a bit higher with my new pump. I would recommend to install a egt measuremt and not going much higher than 1000°C, which is my issue in the moment at high rpms, because my first pump is not modifield enough.

Just to make sure that we do not misunderstand us, i can only build mechanical pumps, if you wand to go ahead with a electronic pump it could not help you. As i am not a professionel it will not take as much for me, for building a pump, but is is difficult to find a good 12mm hd-section.

Here some vids and pictures from my old bimmer:
BMW E28 524TD --- Kreisfahrt

BMW E28 524TD --- 60km/h - 170km/h

BMW E28 524TD --- 0 - 100km/h

ported head:

ARP bolts

mls gasket:

special intake

dyno

Regarding the pump please send pm, if you shedule with a mechanical pump design         

Alleslowbuged:
Hi again,

i forgot, if you like high rpm on diesel engine as i like, than don`t take a camplate with 4mm lift, this will not be stable at high rpms.

Best Regards

jdeitch:
I'm considering purchasing a 1985 BMW 524td and this is just the kind of modification I'm looking for.  Nothing too crazy.  Any more folks with more success stories or more up-to-date projects?

candicezheng:
What is update situation now?

Does the BMW shop reply you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version