Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

turning a aaz into a tdi

(1/3) > >>

colhel59:
I have the idea of using pistons from a ahu and head i willl needs to do soming with the pump als. but i was wondering what the best way to pull off this conversion. And would there be much benifit.. main reasone i am considing this is because i need a bore on my aaz block and the head has deep cracks inbetween the valves.
 thank in advance
 Colton

rallydiesel:
Yes, you can use the AAZ block to make an AHU. Just like you mentioned, you'll just need the AHU or ALH pistons (a bit stronger) and the AHU head with the AHU pump/injectors. You can search posts by forum member jimfoo. He did this a few years ago.

colhel59:
would i beable to have the potential to make more power in the long run going this route. rather then just rebuilding it as a IDI.

rallydiesel:
You could probably have some more power potential going tdi but there are some high-powered idi's out there too. You'll have to swap in the electronics if you are keeping the ecu. Honestly, I think staying idi is more user-friendly for high power compared to mechanical tdi.

rallydiesel:
How bad are the cracks in the head? It is very common to have cracks between the valves. They generally do not affect the performance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version