For Sale/Looking For > Vendors Section

Dieselicious Turbocharger Upgrade/Rebuild Kits

(1/15) > >>

fspGTD:
edited by vwdiesel.net moderator 2007-05-29: This vendor is currently inactive so you may not be able to purchase turbo rebuild kits from him. Browse posts inside this thread to find alternative sources for turbo rebuild kits.

Hi Volks,

I have to offer to our GTD board members a very complete, high quality turbo rebuild kit for the 1.6lTD KKK K24 turbo, including a 360 degree thrust bearing upgrade, new turbine housing bolts, wastegate mounting bolts, hard to find correctly fitting o-rings, journal bearings and piston ring seals, etc.

The above picture shows my Dieselicious 360 degree thrust bearing compared to the standard 270 degree thrust bearing found in the KKK turbocharger.  Benefits of the 360 degree thrust bearing upgrade are: better load carrying capability of the bearing resulting in slower wearing of the bearing and improved reliability (especially in high performance applications), and also less turbocharger oil flow requirement, leaving more oil pressure and flow to get to the other turbocharger and engine bearings and the piston cooling oil jets.

Pricing of my Dieselicious 1.6lTD KKK K24 turbocharger rebuild/upgrade kit is $80US plus $8 for shipping anywhere to the US or Canada.

This IS a job you can do yourself.  (And home mechanics that do will save lots of $!)  Step by step instructions will also be included, walking you through the step-by-step process on how to upgrade your turbo's thrust bearing and replace its journal bearings.

IM or e-mail me if you're interested.  I can get rebuild parts for pretty much any other turbo make or model as well.

fspGTD:
I stock a Dieselicious turbocharger rebuild kit for VW Eco-Diesels (engine code: 1V) and Intercooled 1.6lTD European GTD motors (engine code: RA/SB), which is currently priced at $80.  The eco-diesel/GTD turbocharger rebuild kit includes a 360 degree thrust bearing.

A Dieselicious turbo upgrade/rebuild kit is also now available for a 1.6lTDs with Garrett turbochargers.  It includes a heavy-duty 270 degree thrust bearing upgrade and a Dieselicious gapless turbine-side sealing ring upgrade, and is priced at $90.  The following picture shows a comparison of the 1.6lTD Garrett heavy-duty Dieselicious thrust bearing upgrade versus an old worn out original:

The upgraded 1.6lTD Garrett Dieselicious thurst bearing features: improved oiling, a high strength special alloy steel (bending less under severe loading), and drastically reduced axial clearances compared to an old used original one.

Shipping cost for any Dieselicious turbo rebuild kit is a flat rate $8 to anywhere in North America.  Shipping to other continents is also available; inquire as to price.  Please send me an instant message or e-mail if you are interested.  Thanks!

[updated: 2/27]

myke_w:
How long will these kits be around?
I will need one in the coming months for sure..

BlackTieTD:
i will get in touch in a month or few jake.  :)

fspGTD:
Let me know when you are interested; I hope to be offering these parts for a while.  Look for other VW peformance parts coming from me in the near future as well! :)

Just remember that running a turbo until it stops working, IE: when the wheels hit the housings, will leave it needing much more than a rebuild kit but also possibly new shafts, wheels, housings, and other major parts, which are not always available and can get expensive!  It is a wise strategy to rebuild high-mileage or hard-used turbos preventatively.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version