For Sale/Looking For > Vendors Section

New Product: 1.6TD Overboost Protection Eliminator

<< < (2/3) > >>

trev0006:
Looks like quality stuff.

--- Quote from: Giles@PerformanceDiesel on February 03, 2009, 01:14:16 pm ---Hey Guys,

We've had a local Canadian machine shop design and build some Overboost Protection Eliminators. These will allow you to delete the factory overboost protection valve. They have been designed to use the factory clamp so no extra hardware is required. A new o-ring is included. We've matched the angles of the stock piece to allow the clamp to provide a complete seal. You will need to block off the port in the intake hose if you are using the stock intake.

They are $40 CAD. Canadians add $10 for shipping. Americans add $15 for shipping. For international orders please call or email.

(click to enlarge)
tires cars
Don't limit your fun to 12psi

Giles

905-940-2266
[email protected]

--- End quote ---

scrounger:
How does this work and why do I need one?
Thanks

8v-of-fury:

--- Quote from: scrounger on March 08, 2013, 11:15:08 am ---How does this work and why do I need one?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

The manifold has a built in 12psi popper valve. So you block the waste gate to get more boost ? the manifold will bleed the pressure in case of waste gate failure.

scrounger:
Thanks, It looked like it was the 90 deg elbow on the intake with a plug in it and that didn't make any sense.

My car will pull a max of 9 now. I have thought about making a manual waste gate controller to go higher. Might I just forgo the waste gate and just use the pop off valve as a relief valve? Almost every aspect of this car has been so reliable that I have never really looked at much of it.

I keep an eye on the boost gauge anyway.

8v-of-fury:
More than likely you have a T3 or a k24 on there, and you should be alright to 15psi non-intercooled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version