Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Das Auto: The Germans, Their Cars And Us TV Show BBC TWO  (Read 2332 times)

August 04, 2013, 09:52:35 pm

CRSMP5

Das Auto: The Germans, Their Cars And Us TV Show BBC TWO
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:52:35 pm »
check it out if you cafind it.. episode 1 pretty sweet.. lots of black/white vid of after ww2 vw...

Das Auto: The Germans, Their Cars And Us TV Show BBC TWO

Reply #1August 07, 2013, 08:43:02 am

smutts

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    ClackClackClackClackClack
Re: Das Auto: The Germans, Their Cars And Us TV Show BBC TWO
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 08:43:02 am »
Why did brits stop buying British? The program pretty well summed it up really. Austin Allegro, I guess a british AMC Pacer, Vile faecal paint options, rust, ugly ugly cars, long waiting lists for anything good. Some cars were fantastic, Rover SD1, in V8 form was a BMW beater, but total ineptitude and arrogance killed any chance they had. Tragic. GMC and Ford probably going to jump down the same hole.

Yes they actually had square steering wheels, I can vouch for this as my mate had one, at least until the front suspension broke up nearly killing us in the process. The fact that the idea of a square steering wheel didn't get killed at birth, says it all really. Wolfsburg must have laughed at that one.
Tragic really. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Allegro
http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/cars/austin/allegro/the-cars-austin-allegro-development-history/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:52:31 am by smutts »

Reply #2August 07, 2013, 09:34:37 am

CRSMP5

Re: Das Auto: The Germans, Their Cars And Us TV Show BBC TWO
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:34:37 am »
well i just injoyed all the old footage.. good story.. good graphics... a true car nut of any car should enjoy..

and yea you all got weird cars.. was watching "dealer" which looks to be a bbc check out how a car dealer works show.. they had a wierd little mini van with sliding front doors.. only a 1 sec spot in a clip.. but i wanted more.. :P makes me wonder how to redesign a kubvan in more length.. with longer door so you can have the rear passanger also hanging in the wind.. :D i just wonder if that was a mini van or some small 2 person cube.. damb 1 sec clips..