Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: FS: 1.6 td pump complete, na pump pieces, misc. parts- $70 shipped  (Read 3712 times)

September 10, 2011, 04:02:48 pm

damac

• Veteran

FS: 1.6 td pump complete, na pump pieces, misc. parts- $70 shipped
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:02:48 pm »
Long story short I took various pump parts and made my own and resealed it and put it on my car.  
I have all the parts to technically make a working na pump and a turbo pump, EXCEPT there is no throttle cable bracket for the turbo pump, no washer that goes into the bottom of plunger on top of the cam plate on second pump and the other pump lower body has a socket stuck inside the mainshaft bushings from me trying to pound them out, and some chips internally from my slipping hammer since I had no vise.  It was getting dark and I am disgusted with myself over that as I have driven them out before :(  And it would be best to reseal everything as the orings/seals are old.  There might be a few misc. missing bolts but nothing special you can't get at the hardware store.

The turbo pump is loosely put together with top seperated, what would be na parts are loose and bagged up. 

These pumps were actually used on my jetta and getting me 42+mpg with mixed driving.  My issue was each pump had varying degrees of leaks/air and the mainshaft bushings are loose on the turbo pump.  

Most seals are old and parts are exposed so you would need to reseal and clean everything up.

Also I found some misc. items like a mainshaft seal, 2 pump top governor arm bushings that don't fit any pump I have had, and 2 new sets of mainshaft bushings ready to be reemed to fit.

Here is a link to some pics, I can take specifics if need be.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v44/kellyass/vw%20%20diesel%20injection%20pump%20parts/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:59:24 pm by damac »

1985 turbo diesel jetta

Reply #1September 10, 2011, 04:45:38 pm

Blocksmith

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Wrench Lurker
Re: FS: 1.6 td and na injection pump loose parts
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 04:45:38 pm »
PM'd
Green 83 Rabbit 4dr, 5 speed ACH trans swap, ported 1.6D mech lifter w/ vnt15, na pump w/ gov mod, gasser intake mani, 2.5" exhaust, bilstein sports and cut mk2 springs, ss brake lines, 14" vw bottlecaps

Reply #2October 12, 2011, 10:49:30 am

Ziptar

• Veteran

Re: FS: 1.6 td and na injection pump loose parts
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:49:30 am »
YGPM