Author Topic: Suggestions for a newbe  (Read 1787 times)

January 06, 2006, 02:09:41 am

Gnome

Suggestions for a newbe
« on: January 06, 2006, 02:09:41 am »
Hi,

I'm new to TDs (and diesels for that matter) but have been a shade tree mechanic for about 30yrs and have owned about 20 VWs of various flavors.

I'm installing a new AAZ into my '87 VW Syncro (50deg install with diesel bell housing and clutch/pp).

What performance upgrades you all would suggest for a beginner.

I plan on installing an intercooler (saab I think) plus a fans but beyond that I'm not sure what else to do. I'm not even sure how to controll the fans (turbo exhaust temp?)

Thanks in advance for your help,

David

Reply #1January 06, 2006, 03:25:55 am

NOTORIOUS VR

• Junior

Suggestions for a newbe
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 03:25:55 am »
As with any board you come on to with help... You'll find a lot of good guys here...

also welcome :)

I haven't been here that long, but many people have helped me with small issues that I've had with my TD along the way.

But again, if you take a look around you'll find on the main have a FAQ section with information on how to get started with basic diesel tuning... and then there is search feature of the site.  Or if you have a few hours to kill, just start reading posts in this section... and it'll answer many of your questions.

Lots of good info on here... you just need to spend some time looking for it.  Chances are the questions you're going to ask have been answered, and all you have to do is look.

Enjoy! :D

Reply #2January 06, 2006, 10:11:42 pm

Gnome

Suggestions for a newbe
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 10:11:42 pm »
Thanks NOTORIOUS,

I'll take a look around.

D

S-PAutomotive.com