Author Topic: argh  (Read 1412 times)

June 18, 2009, 10:18:24 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
argh
« on: June 18, 2009, 10:18:24 pm »
just a rant so i've had this jetta forever, the last 2 years it was waiting to get painted, then the guy half assed it and i made him redo a bunch of stuff and it ended up just being more half assed  and rushed,  but i just had the ***s of it and finally took the car home, all that time it had been sitting with what i thought was a bad headgasket that simply caused some compression in the coolant, i had no idea it would end up sitting for 2 years like that, jumping forward to today, i pulled the head off and it was cracked and cylinder threes walls don't look so great, not awful but not good.  so now i won't be able to drive this car very soon like i had hoped, since now i'm just going to have another engine built for it.

01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #1June 18, 2009, 10:59:12 pm

Rabbit TD

• Veteran

Re: argh
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 10:59:12 pm »
Well look at it this way, the end of one project or car is usualy the beginning of another and you will have lot's of spare parts, I'm tripping over engine blocks and transmissions now for this little Blue Rabbit ;)

Reply #2June 19, 2009, 09:05:43 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
Re: argh
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 09:05:43 pm »
yeah thats true, franken motor is the next step, so it is nothing to be sad about except for the money i will spend.  just a side note, make sure you use an egt gauge, or you will be making a similar post.
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit