Author Topic: injection pump going bad- what would it run like  (Read 1850 times)

February 09, 2006, 04:30:37 am

purvisgs

• User+

injection pump going bad- what would it run like
« on: February 09, 2006, 04:30:37 am »
Hi,

mine is not a race car, but everyone on this forum seems to be very
knowledgable about these engines, so...

my vanagon w/  1.6td was running poorly and burning oil (blown turbo)...  I just replaced the turbo, and haven't really had it all the way warmed up yet, but...

I think that I might be seeing a little bit of fuel leaking out of the ip, and was hoping to get input on what the engine would run like with a leaking ip / ip that was starting to go bad...

the main symptom is that upon giving it gas, there is a fairly significant lag before the engine really seems to accelerate, and compared to when it was running well, power is definatley lacking.

Anything else that this might describe?  

I am not shure about the leaking fuel, and this might just be a case of me thinking that it is the ip when I really have no evidence for it...  It is not air in the lines or a fuel filter issue...

The only other possibility that I can think of is something with the egr system (this engine is from a quantum and the egr stuff is still installed, I don't really understand how it works or have a book for this engine though).  If you think it might be relevant, any info (or a link) to how the quantum egr system works, or how people have gone about blocking it off would be greatly appreciated.

anyone have an extra td injection pump laying around?

Thank you for the input!
Greg