NOLA Speed and Style

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions / Barb fitting for boost enrichment
« Last post by OSTDi on Today at 05:03:39 pm »
I got a 300tdi pump some time ago but it didn't come with the barb fitting for the boost enrichment on the top of the pump. If someone has a spare that they want to part with let me know how much.

Thanks,
Robert
IDI Engine / Re: AAZ Vanagon losing oil
« Last post by RockOcean on Today at 11:48:45 am »
I don't have the belt for that set up. I would also have to put on the power steering pump, and a/c compressor to get that to work.
« Last post by RabbitJockey on Today at 09:57:40 am »
also, i would try to find the fuel line clamps to help prevent them from vibrating and breaking.

I think the electronics on the pump controls the timing advance and timing, kind of like the solenoid on some injection pump timing covers.  but i am not sure.
« Last post by RabbitJockey on Today at 09:56:15 am »
why not swap to your old crank pulley?
TDI Engine -General Info / Mechanical VNT control. Latest evo? Libbystyle?
« Last post by BGA on Today at 06:55:18 am »
In another forum I put this question, but no replay.:

"Re: Mechanical VNT Turbo Vane Control
Post  by BGA Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 am

Libby wrote:
"Re: Mechanical VNT Turbo Vane Control
Post by libbybapa Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:16 am

Here are some design drawings of an updated design that eliminates the need for the spring in the linkage rod by always allowing the accelerator lever to return to idle regardless of vane position and boost can position".

Pics are in ( I think) : http://s13.photobucket.com/user/libbyba ... t=3&page=1

Does he mean pics with white background (can with tangential moving) or the ones with black background ( can with axial moving, often seen in other control systems, Libby, Rock3tman) ?
Has the "tangential moving can ever been built? Result?

I moved my question here in hope someone can give a hint.
« Last post by RockOcean on May 21, 2017, 10:11:09 pm »
I read on another thread to just cut the wires going to the injection pump and it will still run at 95%. I imagine its for the fuel enrichment? If it doesn't work I will just install my old pump. I got the motor in and all set up. But when I went to put my vr6 water pump pulley on for some reason it is not clearing the crank pulley. It was really close on my other motor but it cleared just barley. I had to re-clock the turbo to get it just right for the Vanagon install. Once I did that I was excited to crank it up even tho the water pump pulley was not on, figured it would be ok to run for a minute. BUT - my oil feed line to the turbo is a different thread! So no starting the engine today. I am going to get the water pump pulley machined to fit. And then find the right connector to hook up my oil line tomorrow.

AlmostReady by RockOcean.com, on Flickr
Parts for Sale/Wanted / Re: 1981 vw 1.6 idi part out.
« Last post by lukitas on May 20, 2017, 04:26:45 pm »
How much for the injectors?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

engine sold. i have injector lines and injection pump and starter left.
« Last post by RockOcean on May 20, 2017, 02:06:03 pm »
No there is not a crank position sensor.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

« Last post by vanbcguy on May 20, 2017, 01:10:06 pm »
Hmmmmmmm... The green ones are a lift sensor for the plunger, it'll essentially throw an RPM signal. The red ones though, plus the lack of a cold start capability suggest that this pump may have had ECU timing control. Some late AAZ engines had rudimentary electronic control over timing - I have no idea if the pump will function normally without that connected to an ECU or if it will just run fully retarded all the time.

Is there a crank position sensor in the block near the oil filter?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
« Last post by RockOcean on May 20, 2017, 12:52:37 am »
Picked up the engine today, was a great to meet Thomas who answered every question I threw at him. Even threw in a few gaskets I needed for free. The engine has the late style pump on it with some extra wires labeled in red and green. What am I suppose to do with these? Will it effect the pump at all if not hooked up? It also does not have the cold start lever on the back bottom of the pump. Anyone know how I am suppose to hook that up on this pump?  Thanks

LateStylePump by RockOcean.com, on Flickr
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Fixmyvw.com