NOLA Speed and Style

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
MK1 Golf/Jetta and B1 Dasher / Re: blinker issues
« Last post by ORCoaster on Today at 12:19:49 am »
Doesn't that wire run up to the switch on the steering column?  One for left the other for right? 

MK1 Golf/Jetta and B1 Dasher / Re: blinker issues
« Last post by lukitas on February 22, 2017, 07:25:06 pm »
update on this matter.

i still haven't been able to figure out why the rear passenger turn signal doesn't work. I tested the harness and it seems like its not getting power on the black and green cable which i believe is the cable for the rear passenger turn signal. Where can i can check to see if its connected under the dash?
mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions / Re: MTDI in a boat
« Last post by vic003 on February 22, 2017, 06:44:46 pm »
Hi Matt!

Nice job with the hull!
Better wait for Alcaid answer, normally he is fast if you seem to be a good buyer!

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

IDI Engine / Re: Fabbing an intake manifold - design ideas?
« Last post by ORCoaster on February 22, 2017, 06:14:52 pm »
Kind of what I was thinking.  This is a major education need.  For someone just thinking about fabbing one up it would take ages to explain all the nuances.  Hope he called you.
IDI Engine / Re: Fabbing an intake manifold - design ideas?
« Last post by theman53 on February 22, 2017, 10:12:30 am »
I can help you call me when you can there is too much stuff to type Lucas

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TDI - Pumpe Duese TDI Engines / Re: Turbo Diesel Vanagon Help on the East Coast
« Last post by srgtlord on February 21, 2017, 11:38:29 pm »
If you didnt change any of the gear ratios those mileage numbers seem accurate. Not sure about the rough running.
Upgrades (non engine related ) / Re: Stand alone glow plug harness
« Last post by srgtlord on February 21, 2017, 10:28:00 pm »
Forgive my ignorance but what is the 109 relay? For the past 2 glow plug harnesses I have made I only included the MK2 glow plug relay and the appropriate connectors.
General / Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Last post by srgtlord on February 21, 2017, 10:19:51 pm »
Solved a random engine cut out issue on my mk2. Discovered some of the shoddy wiring from the previous owner was grounding out on the transmission case. I taped off the wire and no more issues :D
IDI Engine / Re: 1.6TD - wheres my injection pump leaking from? (video)
« Last post by ORCoaster on February 21, 2017, 06:07:08 pm »
Nope, can't hurt an IP running it out of time.  Like Tyler says engine runs with it out of time by 180 degrees. 

So Soak the IP in Diesel purge.  Fill up a bottle and put the two hoses from the IP in there.  Let it get good and full in the IP and let it set for a day or two.  Then fire it up.  You will have a diesel/purge mix in the bottle at that time. 

Good suggestion about running it a distance away from the engine.  Basically simulating the distance to the tank.  I know that takes hose but it would show you if your pump can draw into itself or not. 

If you don't have an issue with getting fuel up into the pump from a distance then the IP is doing what it needs to do. 

So where to look for a problem?  The FILTER!  Has that been changed?  Then since you have already sent air down the line from the inlet of the IP to the filter the next place to look is the line from the filter to the tank.  Something is in there or floating over the inlet and causing you trouble.  It might be in the fittings on the top of the filter flange too.  So don't forget those. 
Troubleshooting / Ticking noise from engine (audio inside)
« Last post by safire on February 21, 2017, 04:05:25 pm »
Hello guys, ive just got into a problem (hope its not a big one) my engine (TDI) is making strange ticking noise, mainly after starting, do anyone of you know what it could be ? im too far away from home and i dont know whats causing that, do you think i can drive my vehlice safely to avoid any further damage ? : HERES THE SOUND :  vocaroo.com/i/s1GAEHmIxuXV
(Please note that ticking isnt so loud, it seems to be loud because i have recorded it very close to a source where it comes from. the engine runs louder than ticking and its barely heard when the hood is closed) i think that ticking sound is coming from right side of the engine, but its hard to localize so im not sure about that. imgur.com/a/5X4Wo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
NOLA Speed and Style