Check out the NEW Facebook group HERE

Check out the Twitter page HERE

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
IDI Engine / Re: 1.6 hyd to mech head swap
« Last post by ORCoaster on Today at 08:30:45 pm »
Might that drill bit size be 27/64ths?   I think that is the correct denominator.  Never heard of a 63. 

IDI Engine / Re: Adjusting the IP to match the Holset
« Last post by libbydiesel on Today at 07:33:50 pm »
I believe the pin should only ride on the single long taper, not on the steeper angle at the bottom. 
« Last post by Gizmoman on Today at 06:25:49 pm »
Aren't you a machinist? You could just make a cylinder and then drill and tap the top of it for a bolt rather than what Bosch did with the stud. You could even make it from aluminum until you find the profile you like then make a steel one.
I thought of that, figured I'd start with a "known" value. Who knows, it might be just right although it looks to steep at the beginning.
ABA water pump pulley, stock balancer, remove PS pump, remove v-belt pulley, super clean. The serpentine belt does the alternator and the water pump, no v-belt at all.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Why not use the stock TDI serp setup that came with this motor?
« Last post by burn_your_money on Today at 03:48:05 pm »
Aren't you a machinist? You could just make a cylinder and then drill and tap the top of it for a bolt rather than what Bosch did with the stud. You could even make it from aluminum until you find the profile you like then make a steel one.
I'd use the AHU crank pulley, AHU serp bracket, AHU alt, serp water pump pulley and run a single non-A/C serp belt. 
« Last post by burn_your_money on Today at 01:35:05 pm »
Those should fit.
GTG section / May 20th German Auto Parts car neet
« Last post by srgtlord on Today at 08:32:21 am »
On Saturday May 20th German Auto parts is holding a car meet at their headquarters 10 corporate drive Clifton Park in NY state. I beleive the event will be going on from 9am to 3:00pm. Hope to see you there :)
« Last post by Gizmoman on Today at 08:18:47 am »
The 1.9 is running netter than it ever has. Still, I bought two of these and will mess around with some additional grinding.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321182846275?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'n not entirely positive they will fit my 1.6 pump but they weren't too expensive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Check out the NEW Facebook group HERE

Check out the Twitter page HERE