Check out the NEW Facebook group HERE

Check out the Twitter page HERE

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
IDI Engine / Re: 1990 Jetta Coupe 1.6TD Build
« Last post by fatmobile on Today at 02:14:36 pm »
3" down pipe seems like overkill.
 2.5  is even a little large sometimes,..
 but 3" should fit a MK2 easily.
IDI Engine / Re: Oil pressure lost
« Last post by fatmobile on Today at 02:09:10 pm »
Maybe the low oil caused it to lose prime.
  Try spinning the oil pump with a drill,
 by removing the vacuum pump.
 I've had to prime them when starting a fresh engine.
Non VW Group Diesel / Fuel Separation Systems
« Last post by bluehues84 on Today at 04:32:08 am »
Does anyone here have any experience with fuel separation systems like Fass Fuel on their diesel vehicles? What are its benefits?
IDI Engine / Re: Oil pressure lost
« Last post by ORCoaster on Today at 01:13:44 am »
Finally, an afternoon with sun and warmth enough to get under the car and pull the pan.  After doing so I grabbed the oil pump and expected it to wiggle some.  But no, nada, solid as a rock.  I pulled on the pick up tube and the same thing.  No movement at all.

I looked up under the pickup tube with a bright flashlight and there was nothing on the screen, nothing in the oil pan either that might have sucked up there then let go later.  I looked in the little port for the high pressure relief and found nothing.

But that got me thinking, what if the pressure went up past the limit and then the little release mechanism didn't release?  Would that allow the pressure to drop to zero?  I can't understand why I would have lost oil pressure twice at nearly the same point in my route home. 

The conditions would have been similar. cold engine, cold oil, same length of running time and same hard bump in the road.

Offer your theory if you care to do so.  I am going to run it as it is and hope for the best.

Smoke Tales / Re: B1 Dasher smoke
« Last post by ORCoaster on February 17, 2019, 02:08:47 pm »
Is the smoke black and comes out only when floored?  You can adjust the fuel going into the injectors and stop that.  If it is more of a bluish tint to it then you may be looking at rebuilding the engine pistons and rings.  How easy does it start?

Do you have a way to check for compression?  Do you notice high oil consumption?  Remember check oil when refueling...I think it is written on the label that surrounds the fuel filler hole.

Are you even asking for assistance here or just stating the facts as you look up to them mirror?
Smoke Tales / Re: B1 Dasher smoke
« Last post by libbydiesel on February 17, 2019, 02:05:31 pm »
An 1/8th or 1/4 out with the max fuel screw might help fix that.  You might also try advancing your timing a little. 
TDI Engine -General Info / Re: 98 AHU problems... Won't rev
« Last post by ORCoaster on February 17, 2019, 02:01:32 pm »
EJslava,  Your vehicle, 98 civic dx 5spd d16y7stock, is not a diesel that I know of.  Why would you even post to this forum?

Because you are a bot I suspect. 
TDI Engine -General Info / Re: Tdi blue and white smoke
« Last post by smutts on February 17, 2019, 04:58:50 am »
As long as the coolant cap is working, run the engine from cold for a couple of minutes. Squeeze the coolant hoses, if they are now rock hard, the cooling system is getting inflated by leaking combustion gasses. Bad news.
TDI Engine -General Info / Re: 98 AHU problems... Won't rev
« Last post by smutts on February 17, 2019, 04:51:22 am »
Are you sure the fuel filter is not gunked up? Pipes from the tank not kinked? 
A good sized air leak into the fuel lines might also cause white smoke.
Have a look at the fuel pickup in the tank if you suspect the previous owner used vegetable oil as fuel?
Good luck.
Smoke Tales / B1 Dasher smoke
« Last post by pdx650 on February 17, 2019, 02:05:19 am »
Every day is a smoke tale. I just floor it and driver sget our from behind me or back way the hell up!! 😆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
NOLA Speed and Style