Fixmyvw.com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
IDI Engine / Re: What the hell just happened?
« Last post by RunninWild on July 15, 2018, 11:29:06 pm »
Well the heads coming off tomorrow. If i can salvage it and the cylinder isn't destroyed ill just fix it and keep it an aaz for now. If the cylinder is toast its probably just gonna get a used ahu(hard to find in my area) or alh with a rover pump.
IDI Engine / Re: 1.6td won't draw fuel
« Last post by ORCoaster on July 15, 2018, 10:49:07 pm »
I would be asking the parts guy to let you know when they get some 3/16 fuel line in.  Diesel on vac hoses doesn't do them any good.  Slowly softens them up and you will be having air problems again.  Your time will run out, and you will be fist shaking the car again. 

Just plan on replacing that couple of feet with something meant to do the job once and for all.  But for now it will work. 
General / Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Last post by srgtlord on July 15, 2018, 10:11:34 pm »
Finally drove the 85 golf after finishing up the "minor" details of the timing belt and full coolant hose replacement
« Last post by oblique on July 15, 2018, 09:19:17 pm »
Well..she's running. After replacing all the lines I decided to remove the fuel filter housing and found a series of gouges and sharp edges sticking up on the sealing surface. Cleaned those up and smoothed the low spots as best as I could and put the filter on real tight and mo issues after 500km.

One question though...There was no 3/16" fuel line available so I bought 7/32 vacuum hose for to connect filter to IP...is this ok? Its a thick rubber hose but is not reinforced and not sold as a 'fuel' specific tubing.
TDI - VE Pump TDI Engines / 1991 Golf AHU 1.9tdi
« Last post by AWilson9 on July 15, 2018, 11:34:14 am »
I am just finishing a conversion in a 1991 Golf GTi - I have used a CE2 loom from Mk3 golf, engine and gearbox with a Mk4 Golf Accelerator pedal and mk4 Map sensor (Only using 2 pins for temperature at the moment)

When driving at high revs and low acceleration coasting down hill etc the car is VERY judery, like its trying to throw me through the window. I have checked and no fault codes to note.

Also, I have fitted a set of GTD clocks that run off the W terminal on the alternator - these read 1400 whilst idling (actual engine speed is around 900) Anyone have any pointers please? :)
« Last post by libbydiesel on July 15, 2018, 02:56:50 am »
Yes, you can do as you say (pistons/head/injectors/pump) and make it an mTDI.  The ALH rods are stronger but the AAZ rods will work.  The TDI injection pump bracket is different from the AAZ bracket in that it accommodates an extra timing belt roller between the pump and cam sprockets.  Some have run without it.  I tend to think it is important. 

I am actually currently in the process of rebuilding an AAZ into an mTDI.  I got the Nural ASV pistons from metalmanparts:  https://www.metalmanparts.com/product.sc?productId=344&categoryId=19.  I will be using the ALH rods and an AHU head.   
Moteur Injection indirecte / Re: Réglage Pompe Injection RA GOLF GTD
« Last post by golftd412000 on July 14, 2018, 12:53:17 pm »
Bonjour garde ton 1v qui possède déjà les injecteur du ra....

et passe sur une descente avec flaxible en 50mm tu fiabilisera la sortie d tes gaz.

cdlt syl20
IDI Engine / Boost blip 13 lbs then 0
« Last post by Gizmoman on July 14, 2018, 11:39:24 am »
I've had a lot of issues with boost gauges but I don't want to go into that now. I finally fixed the issues and trust what I'm seeing. When getting on the freeway and go WOT, boost climbs steadily till it hits 13-15 psi. It hen blips to near zero and the engine stumbles. My target boost pressure is 20 psi and was hoping to set that using the fuel screw and my right foot  ;)
The turbo is the Holset HE200WE and I have the dump-gate zip-tied shut. I have done a pressure test using compressed air into the intake and can't find any leaks other than air seeping past the rings.
 Just to be clear, the boost drops off very quickly (like a switch) when it hits somewhere around 13-15 psi. If I keep my foot into it, the engine seems to stumble and the EGT's climb rather quickly. Don't know if it's smoking at this point because my mirror's aren't all that great or my eyes are too old.

I have messed with the LDA but don't recall where it is at present.

Any ideas on what the issue may be?
« Last post by RunninWild on July 14, 2018, 12:09:57 am »
I didn't look too closely at the seat but it looks fine. I did however pull the intake and exhaust manifolds and the intake port is soaked and the valve has a bunch of buildup on it. Its looking like something got sucked up and ***ered it. Going boat camping this weekend. I'll pull the head Monday and reassess.

Question: the ahu aaz are basically the same block other then the crank position sensor. Could I drop ahu pistons and an ahu head and throw a rover pump on it for mtdi?
« Last post by ORCoaster on July 13, 2018, 10:56:41 pm »
Holy Smoke, for the price of that Banjo bolt I could have sent you 10 that I have laying around here. 

Yes the barbed fitting is what makes it so tough to get the old line off.  So just cut it down the length of the barbs and get it to loosen up that way.  Many times I use a pair of wire cutters and clip the fuel line, remove the fitting and then handle the removal in a vise so I am not slicing up my fingers.  Already did that years ago on a tablesaw, so a few don't work so great now.  Trying to keep the point of a Stanley knife on the rounded surface and pull down the length is not always going to happen smoothly.  That is why I vice the fitting and keep clear of the blade.

If you have all new lines to install cutting the old ones off isn't a bad thing.  Some folks claim soaking them in very hot water makes them come off but I have never tried that. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Fixmyvw.com