Fixmyvw.com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
IDI Engine / Re: No fuel at injectors
« Last post by sgnimj96 on Today at 04:10:14 pm »
this guy sells a plethora of replicated parts at seafood dinner prices
http://www.hansautoparts.com/1979-1984jetta.aspx
mixed reviews,  but it's an option
IDI Engine / Re: mk1 rear tran mount where to buy?
« Last post by sgnimj96 on Today at 09:19:19 am »
The only time i've broken that mount was when I jacked up the transmission without removing the bolts.     I wouldn't think they would normally break unless something is out of place or you're other mounts are toast.   Mine is a diesel,  maybe others are different.

Anyway, I hardly ever buy old vw parts from autozone, etc. unless I'm worried about needing a warranty (which isn't often).  There are lots of places;  find the correct part number and you can search more sites.
175399151B ?
Parts for Sale/Wanted / WTB 6BT cummins pump bracket
« Last post by burn_your_money on Today at 03:34:15 am »
Maybe the 4BT is the same.

I need the bracket at is around the delivery valves. I think it holds the throttle cable?

Anyone have one?
« Last post by ORCoaster on Today at 12:49:12 am »
You can just buy the head and plunger combination and not replace the entire pump.  You know that right?
« Last post by jhonyquest97 on April 19, 2018, 10:23:15 pm »
There's some rebuilt pumps on eBay I might just do. Half the price a Giles. If I had a td maybe it would be more worth it. Eventually swapping something bigger in it but not for a few years.
« Last post by sgnimj96 on April 19, 2018, 09:40:53 pm »
keep pushing your luck with a used pump?   
http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?860-Diesel-Parts
IDI Engine / mk1 rear tran mount where to buy?
« Last post by bpcaddy on April 19, 2018, 08:26:50 pm »
Not IDI related...but figured id ask

Had autozone one and kept breaking...eventually breaking front mount

New mk1 and going to replace before its worn!

Any advice appreciated. they seem to be all over the map online price wise and brand.
« Last post by jhonyquest97 on April 19, 2018, 07:41:26 pm »
Well I might see if I can find a used functioning pump and see. I'd like to get a Giles but not sure if I can find or afford one right now.
« Last post by burn_your_money on April 19, 2018, 07:21:26 pm »
Yes Giles still builds pumps. I agree with the snapped plunger idea.

I'd recommend not turning the pump over any more until you've completely removed the head to see what's wrong in there. You may still be able to dodge a bullet.
« Last post by libbydiesel on April 19, 2018, 07:08:04 pm »
Plunger could be snapped without the dial indicator showing it.  It will still ride up and down with the camplate lifting it and the dial indicator exerting spring pressure to return the snapped part.  It just wouldn't pump fuel because it would all leak out the break.  You'd have to pull the head out very far for a camplate roller to fall out of place.  The little shim at the end of the plunger is the concern.  If that falls out of place, it can put uneven pressure on the plunger foot and snap the plunger.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
NOLA Speed and Style