Fixmyvw.com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
MK1 Golf/Jetta and B1 Dasher / Re: Thoughts on potential german rabbit barn find?
« Last post by ORCoaster on April 22, 2024, 10:42:04 pm »
We all find the time to "mess with it" 

Go ahead and deny it but we all KNOW YOU BETTER THAN THAT. 

Good thread here, eh?
MK1 Golf/Jetta and B1 Dasher / Re: Thoughts on potential german rabbit barn find?
« Last post by fatmobile on April 21, 2024, 10:15:40 pm »
The electrical system on those old ones is trouble.
 If you don't mind doing bodywork, or even enjoy it, this would be a good car/project.
 I wouldn't pay over $600 for it,
 if I had the time to mess with it.
« Last post by oblique on April 21, 2024, 05:09:43 am »
Odometer is only 5 digit on these so has likely rolled over..maybe once or twice or maybe more.

Paint is original, car is quite complete and no signs of trauma. Seller firm on 2kCAD
TDI - VE Pump TDI Engines / Re: TDI Swap on 020 Gearbox in MK1 RABBIT
« Last post by ORCoaster on April 20, 2024, 06:13:28 pm »
I pull all the injectors out and do the compression test on one cylinder at a time.  Spins better that way.  I also have the diesel set that makes the perfect fit in the injector bore with all the proper spacers and keeps the volume the same, like an injector was in there.
« Last post by ORCoaster on April 20, 2024, 06:08:18 pm »
I read an article about how the 2 dr models sort of went away after the mid 90s and are novel now.  People that collect them pay about 64% more for them.  Now granted, this was an article on Buicks and Cadillacs so it might be much different than a VW. 

I owned a two-door Rabbit, it was great for me as I needed the larger door to get in and out and I stripped out the back seat and made it all one level for transporting stuff rather than people. 

You didn't give us a price on it but I would put somewhere around 2.5-3 K on that one based on miles and interior condition.  I might be cheap/low on that but that is where I see it.  If you really need another Rabbit and really want to put the time into it, then who are we to stop you.   Rabbit Fever, I think it is called. 
« Last post by oblique on April 20, 2024, 02:41:01 pm »
Issue is 2dr german rabbits do not come up very often...at all. And i do not want a westy rabbit. This one is one of the better examples that i have seen in years, metal work taken into account
Agree with Coaster about the car generally but the dash looks good and a rare find south of Canada.
TDI - VE Pump TDI Engines / Re: TDI Swap on 020 Gearbox in MK1 RABBIT
« Last post by chi1337 on April 20, 2024, 04:00:33 am »
Nice, I did some more digging. The top end looks really nice: https://imgur.com/a/T6S5QeN even after 200k miles.
The 2 outer caps were stuck and I didn't want to losen them up (probably under tension, dont want to snap things), but the middle 3 looks super nice.

Next up compression test
« Last post by ORCoaster on April 19, 2024, 10:46:08 pm »
As nice as it appears from a distance, I would pass on it.  The mileage is low and the interior is nice but....

Those pinch welds are failing and there is a lot of rust on the bottom of the doors, seams, and possibly the fenders.  It just looks weak to me and I would think you would spend a lot of time getting the floor and such fixed only to have it be a continual rust bucket. 

Take your saved dollars elsewhere.  I say it is a blacker hole than most old Rabbits out there.

MK1 Golf/Jetta and B1 Dasher / Thoughts on potential german rabbit barn find?
« Last post by oblique on April 19, 2024, 08:55:57 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Fixmyvw.com