S-PAutomotive.com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
IDI Engine / Re: Need help with tracking down air leak in 1.9 AAZ pump
« Last post by Buji88 on June 20, 2024, 11:41:47 am »
Still no luck with installing the stock timing cover and fixing that.

Pretty done, but I've got two thoughts left. In trying to fix the leak point of the cold start (since I am not using it) I had a flat plate from another pump I've been using. Any chance that since mine was meant to have the cold start I need that cover for it to run.

I also switched to a ALH timing gear which I heard was better, but Im wondering if that could be holding it back?
MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k / Re: Getting AC to work
« Last post by ORCoaster on June 19, 2024, 10:53:15 pm »
   A Bughatt?   With how many cylinders firing?
« Last post by oblique on June 19, 2024, 03:13:55 pm »
I figured it out...the compressor does not have a chassis ground...there's an external wire that runs to an AC cutoff switch at the side of the head...if the motor gets to 119C the switch cuts off the compressor...mine was obviously bad. Everything seems to be working now...I feel like Im driving a Bughatti. But man can I feel the power draw...definitely slower car off the line with the AC on.
« Last post by ORCoaster on June 18, 2024, 11:06:18 pm »
I am stumped as the only A/C I have is the 50/50 model.  Roll down the windows halfway and drive 50 MPH. 

Curious about the no-ground issue at the compressor though.  Could you not find an engine bolt to connect a wire to and use it instead of the wire that is possibly coming from the dash?  Like a jumper? 
TDI - VE Pump TDI Engines / ahu tdi turbo upgrade k14
« Last post by alghamedGT on June 18, 2024, 07:09:53 pm »
hi folks i hope u doing fine
i have a 97 1z/ahu tdi golf mk3 with a failing T15 turbo
so its time to upgrade
i dont want some crazy power goals
but i think 120-150 hp is enough for daily driving stuffs

from searching i decided to install k14 turbo with 0.216 nozzels
because i want an easy cheap upgrade thats why i didnt choose vnt because i dont want complexity of reprogramming my ecu
so ill stick with my wastegate stock ecu

my questions :

is k14 a better choice ?
    what i need to install it ? : manifold from aaz - downpipe from aaz - maybe air filter box
    can i install 0.216 nozzels with stock ecu without any problems ? shrudder maybe ..

i happy to hear any suggetion
MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k / Getting AC to work
« Last post by oblique on June 18, 2024, 02:56:47 pm »
Ok so got my system charged for the first time since I put the system together about a year ago.

Stock 1.6td

New OE condenser
New Aftermarket evap
Used compressor, untested
New OE dryer
New aftermarket expansion valve
All new green r134a o-rings
Original thermostat

Mechanic said he couldn't get a ground from the compressor, thought it was a wiring issue. Said system is holding pressure.

When i first picked up the car after it sat overnight the AC blew cool...not cold but cool. As i kept driving the air temperature coming from the vents gradually became warmer until it was basically ambient.

Where do I start?

« Last post by ORCoaster on June 17, 2024, 11:40:23 pm »
Well done.  That timing piston has to have fuel on both sides of it to work as designed. The piston controls the advance of the timing of fuel delivery and if you don't have a way to make it push both ways then it just doesn't know what to do if you advance the RPMs.

Higher RPMs increase internal fuel pressure and that is what makes the piston move the little bit that it does.  So it isn't so much the governor but the overall RPM of the spin of the pump. 

Keep poking at it.  Fine tuning a Bosh FI pump is a long process especially if you don't understand the inner and outer workings of them.

User's ride Wall / Re: Black 85 Golf 2 door
« Last post by ORCoaster on June 17, 2024, 11:27:09 pm »
Well good to know that it won't shake your teeth loose if you take it out anymore.  And best of all it will stop safely when asked to. 

I am surprised that a lot of times when a car will sit for a while with no use how fast things tend to seize up Or go into a nonworking condition.  When I bought my Pickup the daughter of the man that owned it said she was told not to sell it to someone that didn't have a heart or head for things VW.  The guy really wanted it to run and had all the parts to do it.  He just didn't have the health to pull it off.

After spending about an hour goin over the truck with her and her husband I asked if she would take less than asking price for it?  They both turned around and had one of those quiet, head to head talks.  She came back and said she was pretty positive her dad would approve if the price was not too low. 

I told her I was initially looking at all the parts I would need to get it all back together and that her price was about 500 too high.  But, when I finally opened up the canopy and started looking at what was there I figured at most I would need about 100 bucks to make it run with vigor.  All she said was a huge, REALLY!  I said sure and promptly took out all the cash I had, peeled off a 100-dollar bill, and gave her the rest.  I think I should have thrown that in just to see her face split from the smile.  I think she was walking on air as she went into the house for a bill of sale and the title.  She had tried to sell the truck a year earlier and only had one guy come out and look at it and he never came back or called her.  Her husband said I sure had a way with women.

I told him it would take me a few months but I would get it going and send her pictures.  Which reminds me I might still have to do that if I get it painted this summer as planned. 
User's ride Wall / Re: Black 85 Golf 2 door
« Last post by srgtlord on June 17, 2024, 03:32:17 pm »
Figured out the vibration issue was a stuck Mk3 Caliper after installing a new driver side CV axle. New Driver side caliper and new front brake pads and all is well. Replaced a passenger side balljoint as the other one is not quite worn out yet. I replaced the original coolant pipe as it was very rusty. I upgraded to the aluminum style head outlet from a Porsche 944. Same part numbers and no more worrying about the plastic cracking. I'll replace the front coolant flange that goes to the radiator at some point as I have one from the 81 pickup motor I never sold. The flange seals on the transmission appear to be weeping gear oil after 250k miles so that will be next on the to-do list. I bought a set of pre-assembled TRW brake shoes with all the springs and hardware attached and will be installing those at some point on the vehicle. It's still a fun little car to drive after all these years :)
« Last post by Buji88 on June 17, 2024, 12:17:25 pm »
This one has me confused too.
 I know when it's not pulling fuel the accelerator doesn't increase RPMs.

I bet this is all tied to my original issue. The pump is pulling fuel correctly by itself now, but because Ive blocked off the path from the end of that piston, it makes sense that Ive basically killed a major fuel path.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10