NOLA Speed and Style

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
IDI Engine / Re: Injector Stuck?? Carnage Pics!!!! :)
« Last post by Dakotakid on June 23, 2018, 10:26:48 pm »
Amid some static: "....this is one small step for man......and a giant leap for mankind...."

IDI Engine / Re: AAZ won't pump fuel...
« Last post by Patrick on June 23, 2018, 11:03:59 am »
On the road again....
IDI Engine / T3 or K24?
« Last post by Patrick on June 23, 2018, 11:03:14 am »
Have an AAZ out of my car for a swap into something else (I'll post pictures when I'm a little farther along). Early engine with a K14. I have 2 T3's off 1.6 engines on the shelf, and 2 K24's still in cars on 1.6 engines. Looking at the T3 I'd have to do some oil return fabrication. Any chance the K24 is a direct hookup? Can't get a good look where they are sitting. If it will work better I'll pull another engine out to get the K24.
« Last post by ORCoaster on June 23, 2018, 10:12:58 am »
I initially thought it cut a hole in the pre chamber and did the damage but upon review of head pictures that is not the case.  So some sort of oil issue with that cylinder? 

Upgrades (non engine related ) / Re: info
« Last post by sabatino on June 23, 2018, 08:34:55 am »
Thanks, it's very kind of you.
But that of golf2 is installed on golf1?
IDI Engine / Re: 1.6 or 1.9 - can't decide
« Last post by bpcaddy on June 23, 2018, 12:33:21 am »
Honestly I think its all about how many miles are on these engines. That is unless you like to do this kind of stuff. I had 1.9 NA and it was a badass engine. Now I have a 1.6 TD eco (no boost enrichment) and I like it better. It is faster and doesn't spew out black soot when I try to keep up with traffic. Hills are way more doable in the 1.6 td. Again that 1.9 NA is rock solid, but 1.6 td is more refined in my opinion. I have 1.6 NA and it is no where near the 1.6 TD. This is probably because it is a 1981 and just not taken care of as well or something. Again if your turbo has 400,000 miles on it I wouldn't put it on personally. Maybe get it rebuild first. But if you have time, a 2nd car and land to work on these things than it don't matter, throw it on. IMO
« Last post by rabbid79 on June 22, 2018, 11:33:19 pm »
Wow, that's crazy looking!  How on earth did the top of the piston bond to the head like that?  Does it break off, or is it welded on there good?
I thought fuel injectors that were dribbling usually melted the swirl chamber away first?
You wanted something to do. So start building that 200 HP 1.4 and see what comes of it.
« Last post by ORCoaster on June 22, 2018, 10:23:40 pm »
Wow Serious erosion of the top of the piston on number two cylinder. 

I would be leaning toward fouled injector.

That's what I need Sarg.

The outside part came uncrimped from the place where the cable attaches to the IP and
When I pulled on it after I got that locked down the interior part came off in my hand.  Grumble and grumble I did.

I found out that the only salvage yard in thirty miles of me is once again open on the weekends.  So I will check for a cluster there.  The actually did have a few Rabbits at one time and they don't seem to crush them like another place here does. 

Thanks Man, 

Cost to ship?  Maybe get it in one of those USPS white envelopes? 
Pay Pal for payment or send check or cash? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
NOLA Speed and Style