Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Loss of power and skipping after injector rebuild(N/A Diesel  (Read 4379 times)

Reply #15August 04, 2007, 03:35:31 pm

Dizzy

UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 03:35:31 pm »
They pulled the head, It has a bent valve on #4. The head was sent to a machine shop where they started to clean it. Found some cracks in between the valces and stopped. sent the head back to the shop. If you look at the pictures on the Vortex thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2974124&page=5 (which are not my pictures) You will see what I'm refering to. The cracks in my head do not seam as bad as those pictured. The shop now says I need a new Head.
I don't know , but have heard that these cracks are common. Does this warrent a new head ? Need help. Thanks
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Reply #16August 04, 2007, 04:54:57 pm

Black Smokin' Diesel

• Veteran

Re: UPDATE
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 04:54:57 pm »
Quote from: "Dizzy"
I don't know , but have heard that these cracks are common. Does this warrent a new head ? Need help. Thanks

YOU DON'T NEED A NEW HEAD! That shop obviously isn't used to working on diesels, I wouldn't trust them. I'd have a diesel shop work on your head instead. 99.9% of vw diesel heads will have those cracks between the valves, it's 100% normal.

If they argue you need a new head because of those cracks, tell them to **** off. I've seen several diesel heads, all of them had those cracks.
91 Passat syncro 1.8T swapped.

Reply #17August 06, 2007, 06:30:11 am

Dizzy

Loss of power and skipping after injector rebuild(N/A Diesel
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 06:30:11 am »
Thanks, I'll be talking with them today, I will post the outcome of that conversation.
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Fixmyvw.com