S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: torque converter needed  (Read 4233 times)

January 02, 2005, 11:16:23 pm

dieseltech

• Junior

• http://www.geocities.com/dean16v/Page_One.html
torque converter needed
« on: January 02, 2005, 11:16:23 pm »
hi all, I have been off the list for quite a few months due to a cancer groth on my left lung. they were able to remove the groth without major loss of lung capasity. doctors don't know what caused it since i never smoked a day in my life, well the cars i drive smoke lol. anyway I am starting to collect parts for my next project, so when i get my full health back I can start on it.

I need a torque converter for a 81 through 92 rabbit, golf, jetta etc that was equiped with a diesel and a auto box.

the converter s stamped with a "u" on the identifacation tab. the gassoline engines had a "k" converter but the auto trannie is the same 010 unit bothe gas or diesel. I need the "U"

my project is to put a 1.6 td in a golf with a auto box.  should get rid of the turbo lag and make a fun little beater, because 5 speeds in rush hour city traffic suck.

TIA  chris

86 td jetta power everything dd (update off the road for major resto).  97tdi bare bones, DD
and a private junkyard of various other vw/audi/bmw/peugeot/volvo/toyota diesels!!!
Cummins has the worlds record for being the most efficient engine ever!!!!!
for converting fuel into noise!

Reply #1January 04, 2005, 02:42:04 pm

chrissev

• Veteran

Re: torque converter needed
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 02:42:04 pm »
Quote from: "dieseltech"
hi all, I have been off the list for quite a few months due to a cancer groth on my left lung. they were able to remove the groth without major loss of lung capasity. doctors don't know what caused it since i never smoked a day in my life, well the cars i drive smoke lol. anyway I am starting to collect parts for my next project, so when i get my full health back I can start on it.

I need a torque converter for a 81 through 92 rabbit, golf, jetta etc that was equiped with a diesel and a auto box.

the converter s stamped with a "u" on the identifacation tab. the gassoline engines had a "k" converter but the auto trannie is the same 010 unit bothe gas or diesel. I need the "U"

my project is to put a 1.6 td in a golf with a auto box.  should get rid of the turbo lag and make a fun little beater, because 5 speeds in rush hour city traffic suck.

TIA  chris

Hey, have you got a 90mm driveaxle flange for an 020 tranny in your junkyard that you don't need?  Maybe on an old rabbit 4spd that no one in their right mind would ever put into a car?
88 Jetta TD....sold for $1000, bought an 06 Cobalt, clearing out the diesel jetta stuff now

Reply #2January 05, 2005, 10:51:14 pm

dieseltech

• Junior

• http://www.geocities.com/dean16v/Page_One.html
torque converter needed
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 10:51:14 pm »
yea i have drive axel flanges, i would rather have a 4 speed than a late model 90-92 close ratio tranny, I like the 4 speeds, worked just fine and lighter too.

chris
86 td jetta power everything dd (update off the road for major resto).  97tdi bare bones, DD
and a private junkyard of various other vw/audi/bmw/peugeot/volvo/toyota diesels!!!
Cummins has the worlds record for being the most efficient engine ever!!!!!
for converting fuel into noise!

Fixmyvw.com