Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

m-TDI Swap! Into MK2 Jetta

(1/10) > >>

jtanguay:
Hey guys.  thought i'd post my swap here.  So far so good on tearing down the motor and inspecting it.  I think this is just a testament to the higher grade diesel & motor oil that europeans are accustomed to.

Tomorrow i'm pulling the head, and will inspect the bores, piston tops, valves, etc. the lifters look in really good shape, as does the cam.  i mean, the car only had around 130'000km on it!!!  8)

I will post pictures when i can!!!

edit: i've also noticed that this motor has the coolant glow plugs...  8)

jtanguay:
Forgot to add some stuff about the EGR and how it kills these motors...  i got an intake from a different car, and man.. this thing is awful!  i cleaned it out quite a bit, but it's still very dirty.  it feels really bumpy on the inside and would definitely account for the buildup of crud.  if only the inside could be polished up real nice! hmmmm...

jtanguay:
Stupid digital camera... oh well i'm borrowing one for some photo's.

block is stripped and ready for some hot tankage.  going to be giving it a very light hone, new rings, and epoxy paint.

figured that i might as well while it's all out.

still debating how i'm going to go about cleaning the head... the intake ports are all gummed up!  anyone have any suggestions? i've tried this spray on the intake and it worked really well, but there's still a few spots that are really hard to clean.

wolfsburgnut:
Paint Gun Wash,  that stuff will strip anything!

Peter

jtanguay:

--- Quote from: "wolfsburgnut" ---Paint Gun Wash,  that stuff will strip anything!

Peter
--- End quote ---

is that the name of the stuff?  so far I've just been using a product that is designed for intake / exhaust cleaning and dissolves the carbon.  that stuff is nasty!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version