Author Topic: Tdi-m pickup truck questions  (Read 2308 times)

March 16, 2007, 10:28:11 pm

alan83

Tdi-m pickup truck questions
« on: March 16, 2007, 10:28:11 pm »
Hi

I am brand new to this forum, here is the question I have a toyota pickup with a 03 alh tdi in it and I want to install a mechanical pump in the truck with a turbo and manifold off of a 96-99 tdi because I do not have the time to build a vnt controller.  I originally was going to have fast forward build a harness to run everything but after 1 year of waiting on them I just told them to keep the harness and everything,  I don't think that guy likes vw motors going in other vehicles.  I want to buy a pump but I do not know who is the best to use for this sort of thing I do not want to buy something that is going to leave me stranded 6 months later, cost really isn't a facter either but I just don't want something that is going to only have 70hp and 125ft lbs.  I would like to make at least 200ft lbs and be reliable.  Anyways any suggestions on who to go to,  I wish I knew how to post pics of this thing.  Thanks in advance

Reply #1March 18, 2007, 08:30:13 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
Tdi-m pickup truck questions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 08:30:13 am »
you'll want a tdi-m pump as has been described in this forum many times, and you'll definetly want a bigger turbo if you're shooting for those hp numbers.  the stock tdi ones are like the size of a fist.  tiny.
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Fixmyvw.com