Author Topic: caddy .240mm nozzles, need input please!!!  (Read 4049 times)

February 15, 2007, 11:42:16 am

evangelos

caddy .240mm nozzles, need input please!!!
« on: February 15, 2007, 11:42:16 am »
hello everyone,

i presently have a DI chip with the smog 205 nozzles and i am looking to quicker response because now acceleration is good only in 1st and 2nd gear.

is something wrong with my map?

or do i need stronger/larger nozzles?

has anyone used these DSS .240mm with a chip and how are your reactions in all 5 or 6 gears.

thanks,

evan

Reply #1March 08, 2007, 07:33:30 pm

foxracer1

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:33:30 pm »
has anyone used these DSS .240mm with a chip and how are your reactions in all 5 or 6 gears.

i wish i had a 6 spd TDI or even IDI!!
84 4dr Rabbit 1.6 N/A sold to friend
86 Jetta TD getting raced out AHU 02A
98 Jetta TDI Malone tune stg 3
91 S10 305 TPI T56
86 S10 2WD Prerunner project.

Now offering turbo rebuilds. HP or stock. Any turbo you have i can rebuild it for ya.
Reseal injection pumps PM for det

Reply #2March 09, 2007, 08:34:05 am

Smog

• Junior

Re: caddy .240mm nozzles, need input please!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:34:05 am »
Quote from: evangelos
hello everyone,

i presently have a DI chip with the smog 205 nozzles and i am looking to quicker response because now acceleration is good only in 1st and 2nd gear.

is something wrong with my map?

or do i need stronger/larger nozzles?

thanks,

evan

check if the timing is ok, or better, have RADMAN check your engine for other problems related to the turbo or chip
www.VEG-Injection-Service.com

1.6GTD nozzles (RA/SB )
1.9TD nozzles (AAZ )
0.205mm or 0.216mm TDI nozzles
TDI injection pump seal kit  
IDI Pump shaft seal

Reply #3March 09, 2007, 09:17:52 am

evangelos

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:17:52 am »
yeah steven will be gone for a few days but he should be back by the time i get the nozzles.

thanks

evan

Reply #4March 09, 2007, 09:34:20 am

Smog

• Junior

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 09:34:20 am »
Quote from: evangelos
yeah steven will be gone for a few days but he should be back by the time i get the nozzles.

I seriously doubt the new 0.240 nozzles will solve anything; it look like your car is badly tuned.

Usualy any nozzle over the 205 will give marginal power gain but more smoke for unburned fuel if the car is having problems. before spending your money you should have look for other issues. (that are almost free to repair)

typicaly :

1. check timing (this is the most commonly found trouble)
2. change fuel filter (restrict fuel flow at higher rpm)
3. check VNT actuator

too far advanced timing will cut low rpm power.
too far retarded timing will cut high rpm power (this is very common)

P.S.

I will talk to Steve about the check-up of your car just to make sure I won't get a post stating "changing nozzles saved my car" without stating other stuff corrected on the car at the very same time.
www.VEG-Injection-Service.com

1.6GTD nozzles (RA/SB )
1.9TD nozzles (AAZ )
0.205mm or 0.216mm TDI nozzles
TDI injection pump seal kit  
IDI Pump shaft seal

Reply #5March 09, 2007, 09:51:06 am

malone

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Malone Tuning Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 09:51:06 am »
I wouldn't rule out the MAF sensor too.

Should take complete logs; channels 001, 003, 004, 008, 011 to determine where the problem might be coming from.

Yesterday a customer with a 2006 TDI and low km (20k) had timing issues after getting chipped. It was a little jumpy. The power felt good & smooth but VAG-COM logs didn't look perfectly normal to me. We went ahead and swapped in a fresh fuel filter. Problem solved.. if the fuel filter was neglected and had continued to clog further, the power will gradually drop over time.

evangelos: Do you have VAG-COM? If not, find someone who has it. An aftermarket VAG-COM cable can be obtained for $20-25 USD approx. if you already have a laptop. Let me know if you want your own cable.

Open VAG-COM software, log in Engine-01, click Measuring Blocks.

Select one of the aforementioned channels ONE at a time. Begin logging at 1,500 RPM in 3rd gear and then floor it until 4,500 RPM. Stop logging at 4,500 RPM. Do the next channel until you're done.

Go to C:\Program Files\VAG-COM\Logs\ (or wherever your VAG-COM folder is). Save the log files and post them here or e-mail them to us.
http://www.tunezilla.com
93 Eurovan AHU TDI
96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI - I bought it back!
97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L 1Z TDI - sold and missed
11 Golf 2.0L CJAA TDI DSG - Stage 4
14 Golf Wagon 2.0L CJAA TDI DSG - Sold
17 BMW 328d wagon - Sold
09 BMW 335d 3.0L

Reply #6March 09, 2007, 03:38:01 pm

evangelos

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 03:38:01 pm »
thanks for all the info,

i had the smog 205 installed first and a freind of mine checked the time when i had purchased the car and the timing was perfect; we did a few runs and the turbo was running fine. the maf was good because his car had a burn maf and the perfomance was obvious.

marc checked my car and then it was chipped a few days later. now i had a psi tuning box was  pretty good but i opted for a chip soon after. then a fellow purchased my box but i test drove his car before and after the box. he had sprint 205 and with the the tuning box it really fealt a lot better than my chipped car. so i thought i need a better quality nozzles because a tuning box is not better than a chip. at this time marc suggested the 240mm.

2 weeks ago when i as going to install the arp headstuds with radman i asked him to check my fuel delivery. he noticed it was at the minimum setting so he increased to the maximum just to see the difference. there is a difference but i still think there should be more power. now i can safely say that the fellow with the tuning box and sprint 205 still outperforme my car - my boost is limited to 18ps. how can my car that was chipped have a fuel setting at min.? perhaps  the chip was not maxed out

my car has 96000 km, i purchased it with 87K and is a daily driver for my wife but its usually driven 3-4 times a week. engine has had synthetic oil at all times (car was serviced at the dealer from day one).

at this point i have the PP520, 11mm head and a lift pump and the .240mm on the way ready to install because i assume the chip can only do so much?

in all fairness i have not upgraded the clutch yet (although i have the parts) and perhaps that is the reason the chip was not adjusted as much as it should?

perhaps it would be best to swap my clutch first and then have marc increase the setting where the clutch can handle and then assess if the nozzles, head, lift pump are worth addding. well the lift pump will be added none the less.

so what do u guys think?

evan

Fixmyvw.com