S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Need help regarding the belt tensioner  (Read 3933 times)

November 25, 2004, 10:23:14 pm

farkman

• Junior

Need help regarding the belt tensioner
« on: November 25, 2004, 10:23:14 pm »
Hey Guys

I went to buy a new accessory belt tensioner, accessory belt and power steering belt today for my 1994 Golf TD with the 1.9. I got home and  spent an hour trying to install it. I called the dealership where I bought the parts and the guy at the dealership said he gave me a 2.0 liter tensioner and accessory belt. I went back to the dealership to replace the parts and the guy said he made sure the parts were correct. Again I tried to install it but it doesn't fit.
The old tensioner has a dimple 90 degrees from the two bolt holes and the new one has the dimple inline with the bolt holes. The guy at the dealership that there are only two kinds of tensioners, and both don't work. Does anyone know if the part was changed or if I can use a tensioner from a different engine?

Thanks

Peter

Reply #1November 26, 2004, 11:17:56 am

farkman

• Junior

Need help regarding the belt tensioner
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 11:17:56 am »
Problem solved. I had to go buy an updated arm for the new style tensioner. Too bad the guy at the dealership didn't tell me this when I bought the tensioner which would have saved me from driving a gasser :x . Everything's all back together and working perfectly.

Fixmyvw.com